Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some help

Old 01-04-2006, 05:26 PM

Default need some help

for christmas i got a bowtech tomkat and a pack of wasp jackhammer broadheads. i have the bow setup at #62 andat 28" draw and i am not sure if i have enough KE to be shooting such a large broadhead? (i am looking for passthru's) last year i was pulling #50 and had 3 pass thru's using G5's so if the jackhammer is to big i will justuse the G5's.

also i was thinking about getting some new arrows anyone have any good suggestions? i was thinking gold tips or maybe acc's??

thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 06:14 PM

Default RE: need some help

You should have plenty of KE to do the job. Arrows? The sky is the limit. Gold Tip are quite good and popular. Another would be the Carbon Tech Whitetail or Cheetah.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need some help

Don't worry about your broadhead's until you have your arrow's and then go to www.bowjackson.com and do a F.O.C. check on it ,I personally believe that 100 gr would be plenty . First be sure you have the correct spline for your setup and then add your broadhead weight ,this will tell you whether your broadhead may be too heavy or not . As for pass through's this usually come's with hitting the perfect spot ,it may not matter what you use if you hit a rib or shoulder ,you may not get that passthrough.

nubo