Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got my mount back already >

I got my mount back already

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got my mount back already

Old 01-05-2006, 05:58 AM

Default RE: I got my mount back already

Congrats on your buck and mount. That was a very fast turnaround. Where did you take him?
Old 01-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great looking mount. That buck has a very unique rack. I like it.
Congrats

Old 01-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats , nice mount
Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

That looks great Rybo. It is nice to get it back while the memory is still fresh. My Dad once waited over two years to get one back.
Looks like the same form I picked for the "stuck buck". If I am not mistaken, it is the right semi-sneek. Your rack looks even bigger mounted.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, I really do have to compliment the taxidermist, he does great work, for a reasonable price and in a nice turnaround. My other buck from a few years back looks just like the dayI brought it home. This buck had a very grizzled look to it live, and it shows now. Definitely wasn't one of those "pretty" bucks with not a hair out of place.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ryan - that mount looks awesome, I like those non-typical racks. Your taxidermist did a really good job.

Hopefully, next year you can bag something else to hang up beside that guy. The Defending Champs XX are gonna need toput together anotherbig-time effort.

I know you were pretty amped to get that guy back, and it definitely looks like it was worth the wait. Congrats again.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 AM

congrats ,thats a neat rack,the mount came out excellent
Old 01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Buck. I hope this isn't the case, but it reminds me of some horror stories I hear about mounts. I know people who talked about how fast they got their mounts back and how little they had to pay, now they are the ones who are complaining that the cape is separating from the base of the antlers or that their mount is falling apart. The guy who does my heads is kinda pricey, and has about a year-year and a half turnaround, but he does a very nice job. He is actually a 3 time national champion. But if it is a once in a lifetime thing, it's worth everybit of the time and money. But it looks like you did your homework, and you got a nice mount out of it. Nice Buck
Old 01-05-2006, 01:18 PM

krojemann,

I can tell you that this won't happen with the taxidermist that rybo uses. He is strictly a taxidermist and his work is the best in the area and he also has the best reputation. The same taxidermist has done a deer, a turkey, and two trout for me as well as 2 deer for my best friend, a deer and a musky for his uncle and a deer and a trout for his cousin. Right now he has a buddy of mine's 168" net 16 pointhanging to dry and it alsolooks awsome.Every mount comes out beautful with the up-most attention to detail. His turn around time is so good because like I said, thisis all he does. When hunting season is in he may hunt a few hoursin the morning and a few hours in the evening but the rest of his time is devoted to his work. I don't want to steal Rybo's post, but here is the mounts he did for me and my best friend.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics. I don't disagree. I believe robo has done his research and choose a great taxidermist. I was just saying his story reminds me of other stories I've heard. It is an unbelievable turnaround time though.Taxidermy is the full time job for the guy I take heads to also, but he just gets a pile of deer, elk, bear, fish, coyotes, turkeys, etc every year. Actually just to help cut down on the turnaround time, the past few years, he only takes 100 deer heads during the Wisconsin hunting season. He is just that busy. Definityly a lot of time that goes into that. Nice pics again.

Quick Reply: I got my mount back already

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.