Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For you bowtech guys pt. 2....... >

For you bowtech guys pt. 2.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you bowtech guys pt. 2.......

Old 12-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default For you bowtech guys pt. 2.......

Well, I went and shot a Tribute, Allegiance, Switchback XT, and a Trykon, back to back. All I can say is WOW, in regards to the Bowtech's. The Tribute was absolutely dead in the hand andincredibly fast for a short ATA bow. The one I was shooting had the hush kit on it and a string loop. The draw length was 29" at 70#. It was launching a 410 gr. arrow at 310 fps with the speed mods in. The Allegiance was 12 fps. faster, but had a little, and I mean a LITTLE, recoil at the shot. Don't get me wrong, the Switchback XT and the Trykon were both very nice bows and I couldn't fault anyone for going with one of the two. I just could not believe how much I enjoyed shooting the Bowtech's. As explained to a buddy of mine on the phone tonight, after shooting the Tribute, I felt like I did years ago when I shot my Z-Max compared to my High Country Excaliber. Needless to say, when our season is over I will be selling my LX and buying a Tribute.
Now thequestions I have for you Bowtech owners.Does the "hush kit" work and does it hold up to heavy use? Or shouldI go with Limb Savers and Leeches?Are the Bowtech accessoriesany good? The guy at the shopwas speaking highly of the quivers made by Fuse. What drop away rest would you go with on the Tribute? I am currently shooting a ZE, but I am open to suggestions. Please feel free to throw in any other tips/advice. Keep in mind that you are helping aguy who has shot a Mathews, in one way or another, for 10 yrs. This is a step I thought I'd never take and I am ready for all of the "ribbing" I'll take. My wife has already startedby reminding me all she has heard through the years is"Mathews this and Mathews that, blah, blah, blah." Ha!Thanks for reading and for your help.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:09 AM

Default RE: For you bowtech guys pt. 2.......

Thehush kit has held up on mine for over a year now. They are starting to crack a little from the wear, but held up longer than I would have guessed. You should check out the Ultra Rest. It is perfect, and quick enough for our fast bows. I like the total containment feature, and if you draw, and let down, it won't drop. It will stay in the up position, until you shoot. My .02.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow..........I thought after my first post you Bowtech shooters would have a little more to say, and a little more advice to give.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

You heard from our Bowtech shooter, what more do you want?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

No ribbing here ,now all your wife is gomnna hear is BowTech this ,BowTech that Blah,blah,blah LOL,
I've found the 04 accessories to do the job just fine ,I've heard some remark's of the silencers falling apart ,but then again after 200 or so shot's you should expect it .I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the BT silencer's ,so wait and see for yourself before you go spending any unnecassary gear. As for a rest I's go with a drop away ,there's many good one's on the market ,I prefer the MZE which I have on my BT Patriot Dually and it work's awsome ,easy to install and work's flawlessly. Congrat's with your new bow and welcome to the BowTech brotherhood.

nubo
Old 12-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I mean 2000 shot's or so.

nubo
Old 12-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

rdy2hunt,
I'll try to send you PM before the weekend is up regarding your questions.......right now it's Christmas Eve and I'm on borrowed time.

Until then..........

Old 12-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I leave the string silencers on until they fly off then replace them with cat whiskers cut to about the size of a 1/2 dollar.

I have found no difference between limb savers and the Bowtech limb things so why spend extra money on limb savers
Old 12-25-2005, 05:44 AM

My Bowtech Liberty has been shot over 100 times easy. and the hush kit is still doing great. I had one little end fall off one of the string jax but that's all. I also have Limbsavers on it, just to be safe.

I did shoot a buck this year at 18 yards, and the deer never moved after I shot him (well, besides falling to the ground!!). I have only seen stuff like that on TV. I shot him perfectly I guess. He twitched when I shot him and then went to the ground after about 5 seconds. He never knew what hit him, and he surely didn't hear my bow.

So, yes the hush kit works.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:13 AM

[]Man,,10 years,,and now this....how do you sleep at night ???,,
I might have to check out the new BT.I have a 05' SWB,,and am pretty happy with it.It's a great shooter,,better than me,for sure.The very first Mathews I bought (Z-Lite),,was more than enough for whitetails,so anything since then has just been a little "+" in the performance catagory.
But,,as the kids get older,and money gets tighter,,I have to think more about buying THEM new bows.Thats fine by me
You get to a point in your life when watching and teaching your kids the things YOU love to do,becomes more important than doing them your self.
I grew up in the country,so all the things about the outdoorsmy kids find "cool", I take for granted,,or just simpley forgot how special they really are.
Sorry,,not sure why I'm on a rant,,but,,more than checking out the hot newbows for06',I can't wait to get my kids set up with THIER new rigs .

Quick Reply: For you bowtech guys pt. 2.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.