Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 412 pound Neb. deer >

412 pound Neb. deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

412 pound Neb. deer

Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 412 pound Neb. deer

Can any of the experts point out exactly what we're looking for in a "photoshopped" pic? At least explain to us ,what appears to be obvious to you ,why you've come to the conclusion it's a fake.[&:]

To me , it appears to be one huge bodied buck. The weight? Who knows? If it flys around the net long enough I'm sure the story will be 600lbs by this time next year
Old 12-21-2005, 11:17 PM

somewhere in nebraska a local mcdonalds is tossing their leftovers outside
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 PM

well in this first pic. The guy looks like its someone else's head pasted, crooked onto a different persons body.

then, I don't see how he is hold that big deer's head up off the ground with just one hand on that little bitty antler in the middle (sry don't know the name of those antlers in the middle) A deer's head is heavy, especially a 412 pounder.

In the second pic, I see the samething with the guys head pasted onto a different body. I also don't know what that is infront of the deer's head (3rd circle farthest right), and again, that guy ain't holden up that 412 pound deer's head with just one hand.

sorry the pic messed up and my hosting site is down. But check that out on the 2nd pic. The guys head, something infront of the deer's head and he is holding it up with one hand.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

In the 2nd pic the item in front of the deer's head is the bow.

I have seen the full sized, fairly uncompressed pics at another site and it appears to be 'shopped. The hunters head and hands are not proportional to the body and the head has clearly been pasted into the picture. In the 2nd uncompressed pic that I have seen the bow does not have a string either.

I am leaning towards fake on this pic...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

My first impression was that it is indeed a large in rut buck, but it looks balloned as if they didn't find it for a day or 2 in warm weather!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:56 PM

In the first pic the head looks all wrong, but when I blew it up the hand looked right, and when you blow the other pics up they don't look that hokey either.

Paul
Old 12-22-2005, 04:18 PM

one other thing, that I don't think anyone has noticed. I've only been hunting about 5 years but I've never noticed on my deer or others have killed that its eyes are closed when it dies. This one has them closed.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:09 PM

that deer looks real to me.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:41 PM

You can close them usually with your hands after they die. Most do this when they take pictures, especially if they think it will be in a magazine or on the internet. Some places have rules about seeing blood, open eyes and the tongue hanging out. As if people that look at that type of stuff have never seen a dead animal? I see worse driving down the road where I live.

Paul
Old 12-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen this deer on other web sites, where there are 5 or 6 pictures of it, I can't imagine why so much work would be put into faking a deer just to make it look heavy. Every picture I've seen looks real.

Quick Reply: 412 pound Neb. deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.