Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 USA Today Article - FYI >

USA Today Article - FYI

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

USA Today Article - FYI

Old 12-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default USA Today Article - FYI

Pretty interesting read, just wanted to share:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051220/cm_usatoday/whydeerhuntscanbehumane

Old 12-21-2005, 09:33 AM

Default RE: USA Today Article - FYI

That is pretty interesting. If they just brought bowhunters in from the beginning...lol
Old 12-21-2005, 02:48 PM

But still will fall on deaf ears (anti-hunters).
Old 12-21-2005, 05:35 PM

Its good to see an article in a major publication that is on our side and not bashing us. Its been said before we are never gonna sway the "anti's" the people we need to worry about are the ones that are on the fence, articles like this can help push them in the right direction.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, something with a positive spin concerning bow hunting in a major national publication!!!

Hard to believe but a great thing nevertheless.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

The article mentions that "urban" hunts are allowed in a number of cities and Cincinnati was name in Ohio. The article failed to include Cleveland, Columbus, Youngstown, and I believe Dayton.

Urban hunts work. (preaching to the choir, I know).
Old 12-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watch out for the liberals.........everyone and everything is a victim!
Old 12-21-2005, 10:20 PM

I can't stand that White Buffalo group. They have been here in New Jersey. You know you pay for your licences and then F+G tells you that you have to shoot does first, which is not a bad thing but every year that first week of archery I have mounters right in front of me. But these guys come in shoot whatever they want to shoot from wherever and get paid for it. Makes me alittle sick.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 PM

The true problem is humans. Our society is in love with strip malls and urban sprall's. Our society is pushing wild life out of their home and into our back yards. To some that is a cheaper and easier hunting season. The woods I used to play and hunt inas a kid is now a Medium security Federal prison next to a post office and strip malls. STOPFRIGGIN BUILDING! JMHO
Old 12-22-2005, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

We imported the deer. We raised their numbers initially and now regulate the numbers in order to satisfy our own hunting desires. The government tolerates it because it pays well.
Now we have QDM, food plots, antler growing steroid mixes, and high fence petting/shooting zoos all in means of producing bigger and better, and MORE deer!

I'm not saying the above issues are necessarily a bad thing - just pointing out inconsistencies and hypocracy.

Quick Reply: USA Today Article - FYI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.