Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 been asked over and over, Iknow >

been asked over and over, Iknow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

been asked over and over, Iknow

Old 12-20-2005, 05:15 PM

Default been asked over and over, Iknow

But I haven't been able to find the answer I was looking for. I did a search and read through 100s of pages but still not satisfied. I am looking for a stand, ANY (hang-on, climber) that can be moved in a seconds notice, alot like a climbing stand, light weight, easy to pack, not bulky, not TOO SMALL, safe feeling. Also a way to get to the stand, be it climbing gaffs ( i currently use) screw in steps take too long, remember I am doing this like a climbing stand. I do not want ot leave the stand in teh woods. I'd like to be as portable as possible. CLimbing sticks are prolly going to be too bulky. Any ideas, thoughts? Is my best bet to hunt on the ground? If thats so, maybe I'll take up fishing........................well no not really.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:16 PM

Default RE: been asked over and over, Iknow

I forgot, I would like it to be comfortable so I can hunt all day in it. I have a stand right now, too heavy to move around. But too small to stay in without feeling like you are going ot fall every second.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look for that tree sling thang. It is portable and super light. do a google search for the tree sling
Old 12-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since nobody has said it - get a Lone Wolf Alpha Hang-On, a set of Lone Wolf climbing sticks, and you're set. The stand itself is extremely lightweight, rock solid, amazingly quiet, and with the new seat it's very comfortable to sit in for long periods of time.

The sticks will get you up 14-15' without a problem, are just as light as the stand, and are built to stack into each other and strap directly to the stand. After you get used to using them as a combo you can have a stand hung in a very short amount of time, and in even less time you can pull it, stack it, and be packing back to your truck.

Here's a pic of a hang-on stand with a set of sticks strapped to it. Total weight: 20lbs.

More info at http://www.lonewolfstands.com
Old 12-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is another very excelent hang on tree stand that is incredibly light weight and very comfortable to sit in.

http://www.theclaw.com/products/millennium.php
Old 12-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Although I love Lone Wolf stands, I amwondering about the Loggy Bayou Monarch XL stand. Its light at 10 lbs.(not including footrest), and has the most comfortable seat I've ever seen. Downside isalthough Loggy is now owned by two bowhunters, its manufactured in China(I worry about welds)andI doubt its as quiet as a Lone Wolf. In fact I havea new one in the box, just haven't decided whether to try it out or take it back.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:52 PM

for a climber try the Summit Bullet Backpacker. It folds up flat and weighs around 24#s. Very comfortable and rock solid.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: utmstudent

But I haven't been able to find the answer I was looking for. I did a search and read through 100s of pages but still not satisfied. I am looking for a stand, ANY (hang-on, climber) that can be moved in a seconds notice, alot like a climbing stand, light weight, easy to pack, not bulky, not TOO SMALL, safe feeling. Also a way to get to the stand, be it climbing gaffs ( i currently use) screw in steps take too long, remember I am doing this like a climbing stand. I do not want ot leave the stand in teh woods. I'd like to be as portable as possible. CLimbing sticks are prolly going to be too bulky. Any ideas, thoughts? Is my best bet to hunt on the ground? If thats so, maybe I'll take up fishing........................well no not really.
the tree lounge or the sneaky sac will work. i use the sneaky sac and it is light, fast to set up and get down from. it's also very quiet. look for it in the traditional archery magazine. goes for i believe is $75. it is not the most comfortable. i put water pipe insulation tubing around the harness so to make a little more comfortable on the legs. I'll invest in the tree lounge this summer for $200. it looks a lot more comfortable and is basically the same thing. with the sneaky sac though you can hang with your front to wards the tree or your back. can use both types in any tree too. i hang from a spike if no limb is available and have no problems. I'll never get a climber now that I've tried this type of hanger.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:53 PM

Since nobody has said it - get a Lone Wolf Alpha Hang-On, a set of Lone Wolf climbing sticks, and you're set. The stand itself is extremely lightweight, rock solid, amazingly quiet, and with the new seat it's very comfortable to sit in for long periods of time.

The sticks will get you up 14-15' without a problem, are just as light as the stand, and are built to stack into each other and strap directly to the stand. After you get used to using them as a combo you can have a stand hung in a very short amount of time, and in even less time you can pull it, stack it, and be packing back to your truck.

Here's a pic of a hang-on stand with a set of sticks strapped to it. Total weight: 20lbs.
Well now I have another question. what is the difference in that stand and say a baby gorilla stand? I have the gorilla stand and its light and easy to put up. Is there a difference?

Now, I am not only talking about bowhunting out of the stand all day, I am talking about using a rifle as well. So this stand, the LW one will be suitable for an all day sit?

I noticed you said that they can strap to the back of the LW stand. Is this just for the LW only?

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM

Sounds to me like you are looking for a flying carpet.

Quick Reply: been asked over and over, Iknow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.