Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Copper John "Dead Nuts" sights >

Copper John "Dead Nuts" sights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Copper John "Dead Nuts" sights

Old 12-16-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Copper John "Dead Nuts" sights

I have shot the Trophy Ridge in-line pins sight for the last 2 years and don't really like the visibility of seperate pins. Have been looking at the Copper John Dead Nuts series. Does anyone have any reports, or better sights to suggest. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Copper John "Dead Nuts" sights

Copper John makes a good sight, my only complaint is that the metal they use is extremely soft and seems to have many problems with the pin tracks. When you tighten the pins in these slots,it almost forms the metal and makes the pins difficult to tighten in the exact position you want them in. My sight was brand new, and after 2 months of use, it was impossible to tighten the pins where I wanted them in, and I have to have Copper John send me a new piece for the sight. I replaced it, and promptly put it on ebay and sold it and took the $$$ and bought a Spot Hogg - IT. I LOVE the Spot Hogg-IT, no complaints there the sight is rugged and has the best adjust features I have seen on a pin sight.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Default RE: Copper John "Dead Nuts" sights

I used a Copper John for years and I think it is a pretty good sight. The only problem I ever had was the fiber optics breaking in cold weather or somtimes snagging them while walking thru the brush. However, I currently use a Hunter Hogg-It and I like it much better. Good Luck!