Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bowhunting in south africa. >

bowhunting in south africa.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunting in south africa.

Old 10-13-2002, 04:33 AM

Default bowhunting in south africa.

what is the general feeling on bowhunting in the RSA? are you satisfied? what would you chance,or do better for the hunter? i'm busy putting up blinds and would like to hear from the hunter himself what he would prefer.any comments on anything will be helpful.thanks frikkie lange.www.ba-safaris.com

frikkie lange
Old 10-13-2002, 07:24 AM

Default RE: bowhunting in south africa.

I have been over twice and the second time there were issues however as it was a family vacation and during drought conditions I can deal with it. I perfer ground blinds of natural construction ie brush style. Pit blinds if they present a blocked background so as not to profile the hunter work well also. I will hunt from a tree stand but do not like the house style blinds. I know everyone is different and some folks like the house style. I perfer to hunt on foot and if conditions are good nothing beats still hunting.

Also put together a bowhunters package that has a price break if you don't take all the animals on the list. I WON'T even think about a package as a bowhunter unless that is part of the deal as a 30 - 40 yard shot is generally the max and having been over twice, it is tough ot get that close to a non-wary animal let alone 4 or 5 in a 7 day hunt.
My 2 cents worth.

Thanks for the inquiry Frikkie !

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!