Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My First With A Bow! (Now with pic) >

My First With A Bow! (Now with pic)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First With A Bow! (Now with pic)

Old 12-11-2005, 06:14 PM

Default My First With A Bow! (Now with pic)

I will keep it short (although my wife will tell you I can't tell a short story ).

I have been bow hunting for 5 years and it finally came together today! It was 9:30 this morning when I had 4 does cross the field in front of me. They entered the woods about 75 yrds to my left (there is a trail that runs crossways in front of me at 35 yrds). As soon as they hit the woods, I hit the can call 1 time just to let them know things are cool over here and they should come and check it out.
They hung around for a minute or two before coming down the trail in my direction. As I was getting ready for my 35 yrd shot, they moved off the trail and started coming directly at me. In fact, they would have walked under my stand if the first deer hadn't noticed me at 15 yrds.
By the time she locked up and made contact, my arrow was on it's way. Since she was quartering to, ready to bolt and a pretty steep angle, the shot was rushed and a little back from perfect. I took out one lung and destroyed the liver.
She turned and bolted about 100 yrds back into the field. She was done after just a few minutes.
Sorry this is so long, but you have to understand, it's been a long time coming!

(Thank you to those who helped me post the pic!)

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My First With A Bow!

Great job! You'll never forget the first.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

congrats man...im waiting for my first deer with a bow...i know it must have been a rush
Old 12-11-2005, 06:29 PM

Congratulations.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Fantastic, nothing like getting that 1st deer.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go part scar955 now you know how to do it. TroopA your wife is pretty.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Way to go part scar955 now you know how to do it. TroopA your wife is pretty.
She's a heck of ahuntress, too!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrads
Old 12-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pic!

Here's how to resize a pic:

First find where you saved the pic in your folders. Right click on the pic, and a list will appear. On this list there should be something that says, "open with." when you place your mouse on these words, another box will appear. somewhere in that secong list, the title "paint" should appear. click on this. by doing this, you should be transfered to the paint program, and your pic should be on the screen. On the top of the program...there should be a link that says "image"...this can be found in the same place where you would look to find something like "file" or "edit". When you click on the image button, another list will come up. Click on the button that says.."stretch/skew" after doing this....a box will come up...in this box, you will be working in the stretch portion. Change the horizontal and vertical numbers from 100 to 50. click ok. this should make your picture smaller. save this pic...and try loading it on the thread again.

One thing you can look for is back in the folders, where you picture is saved.....there will be details about the pic. you need to make the size of the pic less than 100KB, so if you see that it is not smaller than that after you shrink it once, then you can go and do those steps again, until it is under 100KB.

Hope this makes sense, PM me or email me if you have any more Q's. I guess you can also just post here if you have any problems too
Steven

Old 12-11-2005, 07:22 PM

Congrats, the first with a bow is one you'll remember forever!!! Send me the pick and I'll post it for you ([email protected]).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.