Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Buck Found

Old 12-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Big Buck Found

awesome buck for sure, The deer was probally lost but if I seen him and had a shot Id harvest him for sure. Id mount him on the wall and call him the katrina buck.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:39 PM

It was in the open and I would have shot it also.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Its a great buck and he cannot be faulted for shooting it under those circumstances. Should he be allowed to enter it into P&Y............no.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck! Good luck for you friend! I think P&Y would have to accept it, but I don't see why he would enter it knowing it came from a pen. Atlas, man you need relax. The guy didn't do anything wrong, and you have no idea what the circumstances regardingthis deers life was...
Old 12-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh give Atlasman a break, he's a vegetarian obviously if he thinks this story is sad. Of course Atlasman wouldnt have shot the deer, he would have been able to tellit was raised in a cage its whole life and defensless to boot. I think the sadest part is Atlasman's inability to comprehend things that dont happen to him.

No, the buck probablyshouldnt be allowed in the books IMO. And hell yeah, its a beautiful buck. I dont see what the hell is sad about this story, seems like a happy ending to me. Plus we get to see Atlasman quote the heck out of everyone, woohoo!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think he killed a defenseless pen raised deer. Can't imagine being too excited over killing a helpless pet that has had it's instincts dulled by living in a cage.

Sad story.
Or kinda like killing a fawn, young deer. They know 0 about hunters. So if shooting a defenseless deer is not very sporting then shooting fawns is very sporting. If we use the above logic. I for one hate pinned deer farms, but this deer was in the wild and he shot it. So who am I to Judge, I could care less if people shoot fawns it is choice of the hunter. I am tired of people ripping on others for what they shoot!!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:13 PM

What a hoss! Your buddy took the deer fair and square. No regrets, and he should go in the books. This is the result of an act of God, and a once in a lifetime event. I'm sure that there are several in P&Y and B&C that fall into the "dumb luck" category. From reading your account, I assumed that a rifle was used, but that would put him in B&C. He saw the deer at 100 yds and then shot after seeing the rack. That rules the bow out. On the other hand, if a bow was used, then how could he miss seeing the tag? I guess that's what it all hinges on for me. Either way, nice wallhanger.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Okie807

What a hoss! Your buddy took the deer fair and square. No regrets, and he should go in the books. This is the result of an act of God, and a once in a lifetime event. I'm sure that there are several in P&Y and B&C that fall into the "dumb luck" category. From reading your account, I assumed that a rifle was used, but that would put him in B&C. He saw the deer at 100 yds and then shot after seeing the rack. That rules the bow out. On the other hand, if a bow was used, then how could he miss seeing the tag? I guess that's what it all hinges on for me. Either way, nice wallhanger.

He used a rifle.

B&C is what I should have written.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:20 PM

Well, then, I say congratulations! Your friend should be proud of his trophy.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck. COngrats to the hunter.

THe buck was in the free-range wild woods, when he was harvested, so I see no problem with it.

BUt I don't think it should be accepted into the record books, since it was a pen raised deer for the majority of its life.

I too think it should be mounted with the tag in its ear, and the hunter should get some info from the game farm about this buck if he can.

Quick Reply: Big Buck Found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.