Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Might be the biggest typical shed I have seen >

Might be the biggest typical shed I have seen

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Might be the biggest typical shed I have seen

Old 12-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Might be the biggest typical shed I have seen

I have never heard of the knife handle buck... Where did this come from and why ISNT it the World Record...?? Cause that buck in your pic is WAY Bigger then 213 Inches...

No doubt that is the same buck as the shed in the first pic... But I have never heard anything abou this buck, and I do my best to keep up on these things... Not saying I know all about it, but I have done my share of reading...
Old 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM

"knife handle buck, sheds were found in the 70's and one side was cut for a knife handle. The side not cut was 112-3/8" typ. The rack scored 231" typ with a 22" inside spread."

All the racks are replicas.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:50 PM

even though it is hard to believe it is real, I have seen many things in the woods that I would not believe if I didnt see it my self like a deer with an extra leg growing out of its back, a black whitetail buck, even a drop browtine that curved back into the bucks right eye. but MAN thats one of the largest sheds Ive seen. we find sheds off of 160-190class deer and they dont even compare to that.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Site Bouncer

Well I was off by 13in on the antler in the picture and way off on the total inches....I figured the spread and main beams to be much wider and longer than what they turned out to be.....I suck

A monster buck no doubt.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:49 PM

Holy Moly call the doctor i think i just had a heart attack. wheres the checkbook and the phone i need to book a hunt in Saskatchewan!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

WOW!! looks like a picked fence, was he ever harvested? that is one awesome buck. cant wait to look for sheds this yr.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

My uncle lives in Northern WI and he found two sets of a whopper deer. #1 set scores 190's, and #2 set scores 210-220. When u hold them your speechless. I wonder if he's got some record horns?
Old 12-18-2005, 12:35 PM

holy_____!
Old 12-18-2005, 07:53 PM

Good Lord! that is a giant.I have neverseen typical sheds go that big!!! Great stuff
Old 12-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for doing some research. That shed pic I postedsure looks like it could belong to the "knife blade" buck. That picture of the mounted version is just unbelievable. If that shed is indeed that buck Vogt 51 posted. It is DEFINATELY THE LARGEST typical I have ever laid eyes on.8x8 main framer with double brow tines! Goodness that is just "SICK"....It has tobe the largest in the world for a typical, to bad they had to make a knife blade out of one of the sheds. Interesting to say the least. Thanks again.

SHADOW ACE?

231 NET Typical you said it scored?Astronomical!!!!

Quick Reply: Might be the biggest typical shed I have seen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.