Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Switchback XT... >

New Switchback XT...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Switchback XT...

Old 12-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Switchback XT...

Well I was in the local sports shop a few weeks ago and they had a Demo Switchback XT on hand... Very Sweet Bow... I currently have the Switchback, but the quiteness of this bow is almost unreal... We shot it without a Stabilizer, nothing added but a rest... And QUITE...WOW... So I had to go ahead and order one... But just wondering if anyone else has seen it, or interested in it...
Old 12-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New Switchback XT...

No I haven't......BUT....

If I took off my quiver/stabilizer/sight/sight light/sling/etc..... I bet MY Switchback would be quieter, too.

Just my .02

Jeff
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah maybe... But I think the "More Parallel" limb design really helps it alot...More Brace Height, shorter bow, almost same speed (3fps slower)... I am not saying to run out and buy it if youhave the switchback or something compairable... Just saying it seems likethey took it to the next level... And for me $100 MAX will get it... Since I can sell mine for almost what I paid for it... Seems worth it to me...But hey, I always have liked the lastestjunk out there...
Old 12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

what does the XT look like. any pics? i havnt seen it yet
Old 12-07-2005, 04:43 PM

after owning a legacy and being let down by it time after time i will never "switchback"
Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 PM

I think im trading up the old LX this spring for a switchback XT. I love my LX, but i could always use a new toy. Dunno how a legacy could let you down, or any mathews for that matter..heck, how any of the recent models by hoyt bowtech or mathews could let anyone done is beyond me..
Old 12-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Why do you feel that you have been let down Jhalf...?? Just curious, I can't seehow you could ask for anymore then the legacy or any mathews for that much... I had one for a while, but I have this problem where I see the latest and I think I need it... (it's really a want, but I just like to think that..lol) But I have been nothing but pleased with all my Mathews...

Here's a link to it on the Mathews site Trapper... Thier website seems slow lately, or maybe it's my connection...

http://www.mathewsinc.com/v2/home/products/catalog.asp?btnSubmit=ByCatalog&cboCatalogCate goryID=87&cboCatalogID=379
Old 12-07-2005, 09:16 PM

speed an accuracy wise. it didnt fit me well so i couldnt hold as tight of a group as i can with my bowtech.

what really convinced me to hang up the legacy for good was when i was hunting off the ground because there werent any trees big enough for treestands. a 140-150" deer, which is huge around here, came walking in 30 yards broadside curling his lip in the air. i drew back slowly and he never saw me. as he was walking i was swingin with him and let the arrow fly with the pin in the area between the heart and the lungs. as the bow went off his chest literally touched the ground as he ducked under my arrow. it sailed prefctly where i had aimed, perfect left and right, but he ducked it. i was sick. for all those people who say speed doesnt matter havent had that happen to them.

with my bowtech, which has 80lb draw by the way so its fast, i had a bobcat come in at 30 and i whistled him to a stop. looking right at me and reacting at the instant i squeezed the trigger, he couldnt get out of the way of the arrow. so i've solved my problem and wont go back to mathews again as most of them are in the slow range.

i have a mathews feathermax for a backup bow and will never sell it because im thoroughly convinced its the best bow mathews ever made. it was my dads and he retired to a crossbow so i've inherited it as a backup. at 70lb its damn near as fast as my 80lb bowtech and had a ton of kinetic energy. thats the only mathews i've shot and liked.

~jeff
Old 12-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

jhalfhillA quiter bow would probbly be alot better than a fast bow. After all u arent going to get past the speed of sound.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the only reason a deer would duck a shot is if he heard the shot during release. I own nothing but Hoyts so Im being biased,I will guarantee Mathews is as fast as any of the best of the best bows period if its the same pound, braodhead weight, arrow, etc etc... . I would have to see the chrono results before I believe a Mathews shoots slower than your BowTech if its the same set up. Your deer ducked the shot because he heard something, maybe your arrow rest, maybe that particularMathews bow makes some noise but he didnt duck it because of lack of speed. I can kill any deer with a real slow bow.

Quick Reply: New Switchback XT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.