Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 all my deer are gone >

all my deer are gone

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all my deer are gone

Old 12-07-2005, 08:29 AM

Default all my deer are gone

last week just walking to my stand I saw 4 does and a 6pt. the next afternoon I saw 2 does in my first 10 min. out there. well I have hunted that stand every evening for a week and nothing. went look aroud yesterday and not even a track for 1/4mile. guess they left. it just gets upsetting when after hours and days of scouting you finally find a spot and when you put a stand they leave the area.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 AM

Default RE: all my deer are gone

Cajun, you may have pushed them out of your area by over hunting that spot, may be with scent or just being seen over and over by the deer.
I hunt a small patch of land on a military installation and I try not to hunt this area more than twice a week and I think that is still too much, but I don’t have many other option as far as hunting land, so I work hard at scent control and getting in and out undetected.Probably not what you wanted to hear, just trying to help and forfuture reference.

Bo

Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is why God created corn and trail cameras [8D]
Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

I only hunt a stand two days in a row before hunting another stand. I usually hang 4 stands in my public hunting area. The wooden ones they can have if they have the energy to haul out, and most thieves don't and the metal ones I padlock to the tree to keep the honest guys honest. You can only shoot a thieve, you can't stop'em. The point is you must avoid heating up your prime hunting area as much as possible. I'm sure there's guys out there that hang allot more stands. It just depends on your resources.