Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Final Buck of the season for me >

Final Buck of the season for me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Final Buck of the season for me

Old 12-04-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Final Buck of the season for me

and what a great one to leave on.

Really proud of this one.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Final Buck of the season for me

HEY CONGRATS!!!! Thats an awesome buck, whats the story behind it?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:34 PM

great buck

Old 12-04-2005, 04:39 PM

Well, I had just bought a new 300 win mag from my boss and went out on tuesday to sight it in. when I got to the field I see this nice little six point and a doe. I decided to let the six point go even though I have to say he was mighty nice already. If he makes it til next year he will be nice and big. So I decidedd to take a shot at the doe being as how I have two deep freezes and one is full. so I will start on the second. So anyway I shot the doe and field dressed her and went to check her in. when I got to the check in station it hit me that I never really sighted the gun in. The shot was a little high and I was holdng the riffle. So the next day I left work about 20 min early so I could go sight it in for real this time. I get out to the spot which is about 1200 yards from my stand and I see these four does running towards the back side of our farm. I decided on a whim to go sit in my stand until after dark which was in an hour and a half. I got up in the stand not even thinking about sighting the gun anymore, I was concerned that I was still in my work close and buck fever had caught up with me again. So in the pic above you see exactly what i was wearing when I killed that bad boy. Minus a collared shirt that I didnt want to get blood on. It was casual day at the work place by the way. LOL

So I have been sitting in my stand for at least an hour when I hear a faint grunt in the distance, I looked up and all I could see was this pretty good size doe. I kept hearing the grunt about every 45 seconds. So after about 10 mins of this about 275 yards he pops out of nowhere right between two trees. I had a shot if I had seen him right away but he was on the move and went into a patch of buses near the end of our field, walking towards me. About 160 yards from me now I hear him grunting at a fast pace and lots of moving. All I can think about is that the sun is completely down I only have about 15 mins of daylight left and this dude is getting his groove on. I kept thinking what am I going to do if it gets dark, I simply must get a shot at this buck. So about 3 mins of hot and heavy the doe comes busting out of the woods at about 220 yards on the other side of the fence. 20 seconds later he is right behind her nose to the ground. I try and stop him with a loud grunt and he never broke stride, now at about 260 yards I decide to get him in the scope and hollar real loud to stop him. I yelled HEY really loud and sure enough he stopped at about 280yd's I pulled the trigger and hit his back and dropped him in his tracks. For a big dude with one leg I was through the creek and over the fence in record time to find that bad boy on the ground. I field dressed him in the dark and drug him 750 yd's to my truck. Just took the head to get mounted today. I tell you these TN deer are getting bigger by the year. I am loving it!!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 05:21 PM

Heck! That would be a great first buck!
Congrats
Old 12-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Really nice buck. congrats!
Old 12-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good deer, good story. Now, GET THAT RIFLE SIGHTED IN! You were just lucky it was shooting well enough to do the job. Could have just as well been a gut shot with a sad story about the one that got away.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 AM

Congrats! Nice buck.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbilly17

and what a great one to leave on.

Really proud of this one.

CONGRATS on a fine buck ... it looks a lot like the buck I took last week in Tennessee ..
dd

Old 12-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Nice rifle buck. Congrats. Took my stands down last week, before the shot gunners run amok

Quick Reply: Final Buck of the season for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.