Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I HATE hunting like this! >

I HATE hunting like this!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I HATE hunting like this!

Old 12-01-2005, 07:49 PM

Default I HATE hunting like this!

Well, I got a nice doe this evening. Only problem is.....I hit it with my truck.[:@] Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but my truck is pretty messed up. So I'll have to place a call to the insurance company and see about getting my hunting truck back. But I didn't come home empty handed. And while I was standing on the side of the road waiting for the wrecker, this guy stopped to see if I had hit "his" deer. When I asked what he meant, he said he lived right in back of the field where she was trying to cross, and there is a monster buck that he has been trying to hunt. He said that he sees him everyday at 5:00 p.m. crossing that field with 4 does. Only problem is,the land is posted and he has to catch him across the road on un-posted property. Last thing I noticed is that she was in heat. So I'm definitely going to keep her glands and see if I can'ttrick someone's noseover the weekend. Had to vent for a second. Hope everyone else is having better luck than me.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Default RE: I HATE hunting like this!

First day of shotgun season i drove off the hill about 2 hours before dark becouse there were some guys driving deer past me.. on the way home i seen a deer laying along the road in the woods 5 yards.. i pulled over to inspect becouse it is collage property (no hunting),, the doe was poached!, shot along the road, droped right there, no blood trail, no nothin.. so in my angur i called the ol man and told him,, and said lets go get her.. i dont want some poacher getting an easy way out.. so we got her... as we skined her i told the ol man lets drop the cape off where she was so when they come back to get her they would be DU?UH?HH?hh...

lol

Right? or wroung? what would you do?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

well sorry to hear that you had to do it with a car! But now the good in the bad just might be those glands to draw in that big boy that was hanging with her!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 PM

is it legal in va. to mount a scope on your dash..............jus kiddin. hope you get the ole moss back that was with her.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that. Alot more deer seem to be getting struck by cars here, way more than last year. Good luck with the buck.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Last thing I noticed is that she was in heat.
How do you know that from a dead animal? A dear sure can mess up an automoble as you can now attest to. Sorry for your mis fortune.