Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score? >

What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
0-100 inches
22.64%
100-125 inches
23.58%
125-140 inches
18.87%
140-150 inches
15.09%
150-160 inches
5.66%
160-170 inches
4.72%
170-180 inches
2.83%
180-190 inches
1.89%
190-200 inches
0%
200+ inches
4.72%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

Old 12-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

Don't remember his exact score...but I know it was right around........33"

My first and only buck....not to mention first bow kill!!!

Old 12-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Dominant Buck

MQ just curious what kind of hit did you have on him that he has the green enzyme gunk coming from his nostrils?
TRIBAL: It's called a ROAD KILL!!!![8D][8D] I couldn't resist.[8D][8D] Nice deer MQ
Old 12-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

142 green score 10 point, I was hunting a big 8 and went to my rut spot the 28th Oct. Climbed into my stand at 5:30 AM, took a whiff of the air and the whole woods smelled like piss. He ran by me 4 times with a doe. On the 5th time I did th BLAHHH as loud as I could(I mean loud) he stop about ten yards away. I let him have it, two lungs and 60 yds later I was doing the tree stand dance. I saw a total 12 bucks that day. After I took out the big boy all the little bucks were after the doe. The buck I have been hunting for three years came out and scared the little ones off. Then he did the "Deed" to the doe right in front of me. Then walked right by me, I was out of tags. For the record 3 year in the row this deer has walked within 15 yds of my stand. I hope he makes it until next year, I hear 4 times is the charm, lol

Old 12-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Took this buck in 1988 the day before 2nd firearms season, first weekend in December. Mostly luck. I had found a new set of scrapes a couple of days before and had hunted this particular area very little that season. I only had one hour of legal shooting light left when I arrived after work and was walking briskly along the field edge toward my stand when 2 does were running across the field from the south. About 300 yards ahead was a fencerow separating two fields with an opening to allow farm equipment to get through. As soon as I stepped through to the 2nd field, I looked to my right and this buck was walking toward me with his nose down, about a 100 yards away. I stepped backwards into the brush at the fencerow end, knelt down, nocked an arrow and waited, all the while hoping he would remain on his course and not notice me to his left. The longer it took the more I had to control my emotions, and what seemed like an hour was probably only a minute or two. By the time he appeared he had veered somewhat to his right, slightly quartering away, and offering a 25 yard shot. I drew back while on my knees and hit him right behind the front shoulder. He ran back toward the river where he had come from, but died along the same fence row only 30 yards from where I was kneeling. Took him shooting fingers with an Oneida Eagle bow, 2216 XX75 and a Rocky Mountain broadhead.

Grossed 154 something and inside spread was 21 1/2". Warning......first pic is a perfect example of how NOT to take a picture!!! [X(]

Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Havnt killed a deer yet with my bow.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

This isn't my biggest, but it's my most recent. I don't have a digital pic. from in the field with my biggest, so this one will have to do. I got this buck about 3 weeks ago. I was sitting along a creeks edge, about 15 yards in from a field with milo stalks, and I saw this buck cutting across the field about 100 yards from me. It was windy that day, and in the evening. Anyways, I pulled out my "can" call and tipped it once. He turned his head but never broke stride. So I did it again, this time he heard it and stopped, looking my way. So, I again tipped it, but this time I pulled my finger from the hole, so as to do a half bleat. He came on a string, at a gallup. I kind of hit the panic button. I stood quickly and grabbed my bow and attached my release, looked up only to find him standing 50 yards out and staring in my direction. I thought I blew it. But, shortly, he again started to advance to me. As he was approaching my first of two shooting lanes, I drew, but he turned and entered into my first lane and stopped, facing my tree at 15 yards. I held steady, and a few moments later, he advanced into the creek, looking across it for the doe that he thought he heard, then he stopped about 10 yards away. Slight quartering away.
I quick measured him at about 136 gross, with about 6" deductions. My biggest is a mid 140's! I got both from the family farm in KS.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 PM

832" and some change.

he was crossing the road and got his antlers caught in the telephone lines. slowed him up enough for me to get a shot as i was headed out of the woods. took all my arrows to bring him down. he's a turdy pointer with 8 drop tines, weighing in at 2 ton. the ground shook when he fell. had to drag him home with a log skidder. sorry, don't have a picture. i couldn't zoom out for enough to get all of him in.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Grossed 200 4/8...16 scoreable points...double drops and double main beam on right side...taken with a bow last year

Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

another pic

Old 12-01-2005, 09:53 PM

148 3/8 eight point taken in sabinal texas on a small 300 acre piece of scrub brush hog infested land that no one else wanted . they all said it wasnt worth hunting . nothin but rocks and brush .......jus my type uh spot boys. an it paid off.

Quick Reply: What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.