Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Buck

Old 11-30-2005, 03:17 PM

Default First Buck

Hey! I just shot my first buck with a bow! I am so excited cause i have been hunting for 3 years and this is the first time that i have ever seen a buck that i could shoot at. Last year i just shot low at a doe and i felt pretty bad about it. I thought i would never get a deer with a bow let alone a buck! The 6 point is a little small but it still seems a lot bigger to me. Cause any one can go out and shoot a deer with a gun but it takes some skill to shoot one with a bow. So congrats to anyone else who got one!

Old 11-30-2005, 03:24 PM

Default RE: First Buck

Hey listen here....Congrats first of all. A "trophy" is in the
eye of the Bowholder. It's one awesome feat to take any
game with a bow and arrow. Well done
Old 11-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats i also got my first deer with my bow this year but i got a doe instead of a buck.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey for 3 years you put the hard work in and you have learned alot. Nice job on that buck.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:45 PM

Nice buck!! My first buck bowkill was a spike horn. Looks like you made a sweet shot as well. Congrats!!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go!
I also took my 1st deer with a bow this year, a small 6pt, its going on the wall beside my biggest gun buck! I can't imagine a bow hunter ever forgetting their 1st.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats!!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Do not let anyone give you any grief about the size of your deer. And don't be apologizing for his size. You just shot your first buck. Jump up and down and try that cartwheelie thing and all that stuff. There are many who would be proud to whack that buck. Enjoy the steaks and congrats on doing what you set out to do. He isn't small.... he's a buck with a bow. He's a nice buck with a bow. Heck, he's the best buck you ever shot with a bow. Be proud of that puppie and don't worry about the horn hunters.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on getting a deer and not everyone can go out and shoot a deer with a gun i dont get were you get that caus ei live in vermont and know of alot of people who havehunted aorund 40 years and never got one so.... yea

Quick Reply: First Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.