Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Strangest thing thats ever happen to me! >

Strangest thing thats ever happen to me!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strangest thing thats ever happen to me!

Old 11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Strangest thing thats ever happen to me!

I was hunting gamelands in Columbia county, PA.Pheasants were stocked that day in the large fields along the base of the mountain. While in my stand I saw several deer throughout the afternoon, then just before shooting hours ended i heard a bleat coming from the thick pinesbeside me. Before long ihad a fawn underneath my stand and a could hear more deer in the pines no more than 15-20 yards away. As the anticipation grew i heard something running towards me across the flat in front of me. Out of nowhere two big ringneckswere making a B-line for me. The fawn underneath me and the others began stomping because they couldnt see where the noise was coming from. Next thing i know, when the ringnecks got about 5 feet from the fawn, she jumped back and took off running. All i could hear was pheasants flying in my face, both ringnecks were within a foot or two of me and the one actually hit my arrow on my rest. I went from being totally amazed to really freakin mad in about 2 seconds. I was sure those birds ruined my chance. Luckily the deer only spooked back into the pines about 20 yards. Soon after this huge doe came out and offered me a good shot. I didnt get a chance to weigh her but I did take a spike in New York last weekend that weighed 155, I'm positive this doe was bigger. Any guesses how big? I'm 5'11" and 190lbs.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Strangest thing thats ever happen to me!

Thats a huge doe. She's bigger than most of the bucks I have around here!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe, im guessing you shot her awhile ago as archery season ended the 12th?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow she was fat and happy for sure, good job
Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah i shot her the second to last friday, i just got the pictures back. It takes me forever to finish off a disposable camera.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:13 PM

Congrats on the doe. I guess the only semi strange thing that's happened to me while in the stand was a staring contest with a squirel. Probably not to uncommon, but it was only a few feet from my face and just kept looking at me trying to figure out what I was. Kinda neat I thought.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:42 AM
Dominant Buck

One day whle hunting a friend's property I suddenly began to hear a noise that I couldn't identify . It was a very strange sound , and for the life of me I couldn't tell what direction it was coming from . Finally the source became clear , it was a flight of geese going overhead at an amazingly high altitutde . Later the same day I heard yet another wierd noise coming toward me , one that really gave me the creeps . It sounded sort of like the wind blowing dead leaves around , but the dimension of the sound was greater than any wind blown leaves that I'd ever heard before . The source soon became apparent , it was the single largest flock of turkeys that I had ever seen , then or now . At least 100 birds , mostly hens and poults . They streamed past me for what seemed like an hour as I watched motionlessly . Finally , just for fun , I stood up and they immediately took a hard right and streamed down a hillside like a living wave and disappeared .
Old 11-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a squirrel sit on my boot for about 5 minutes. He was really pissed when I kicked him off on to the ground.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:20 AM

Good job fats! Looks like you made a darn good shot on her!
Old 11-23-2005, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's the way it usually happens. When you think things couldn't get any worse, out comes a deer.

Sometimes in the morning before we get out to the stands and things are not going right (ie: frustration cause I can't find things,or hurrying to get to the stand cause light is starting to break), my partner will always say, today is the day.

Congrats on a very nice doe!

Quick Reply: Strangest thing thats ever happen to me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.