Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wish I had a camera! >

Wish I had a camera!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wish I had a camera!

Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Wish I had a camera!

On the way home from work this morning I saw a great buck get hit by a car. It was inside the city limits, but there was a wooded area on the south side of the 4 lane divided hwy and some school ag property on the north side. I see this deer at a full run coming from the north side of the hwy. As he is crossing the westbound lanes, I could see that it was a very nice buck, but I knew what was about to happen. There were several vehicles heading eastbound and I knew that buck was about to get hit. As he crossed the eastbound lane, he tried to jump a white truck.....he didn't make it. Took out the windshield and dented up the front and side of the truck pretty good. He did a flip and took off running back the way he came. I tried to slow everyone down in the westbound lanes so he wouldn't get hit again. He made it across the road, jumped a jence and went about a 100 yards and layed down. I would have went over and shot him, but since he was now on school property and was in the city limits, I decided to have an officer come put him down. The driver that hit him was ok. Anyway, when we all got down to him, he was awsome...at least 17 points probably more if you count all the kickers, good mass and wasn't too torn up from being hit. Looks like mostly internal injuries....he had expired shortly after being hit. Both the guy that hit him and myself were just amazed with this deer. I didn't know that guy that hit him, but he was talking about being in a stand all weekend and not seeing anything and I had about the same luck the weekend. The guy that hit him ended up loading him up and taking him home. Expensive way to get a trophy buck, just wish I had the camera with me.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wish I had a camera!

Intresting story, I never seem to have my camera when I need it!