Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Digital Camera ? >

Digital Camera ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Digital Camera ?

Old 11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Digital Camera ?

OK everyone, It's not long until Santa comes and I'm already dropping hints for a trial camera this year. First of all I do know that I want a digital one. I have heard really good things about the leaf rivers, and that is the one that I was most interested in. The other night I was talking to a guy who is associated with cuddeback and has them set up all over his place. I told him that I was interested in the leaf river and he said that the cuddeback has alot faster response time than the leaf river, and that if I was interested in one he could get me a camera with a pretty good discount. If anyone has these two camera's let me know what you think or if their is something better. This will be my first camera and I want to make a good choice. Hurry up Santa.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Digital Camera ?

I have owned 3 leaf rivers and cannot say I am happy with any of them.

All three were the DC2BU models.

There is a multitude of reasons I am displeased with their performance from slow reaction time, black out pics, white out pics, orange pics, flash not working properly (when it did work), viewing screen malfunctions, etc etc.....

For that same $1000 I could have bought 10 of the Moultree Dig cams. That is what I will most likely buy this year. There pic quality, pic range and flash isn't that great but for a $100scouting cam I can live with it.

I have no experience with the Cuddeback though.
[/align]
Old 11-18-2005, 06:50 PM

I have heard of several people being "satisfied-ok" with the moultree's and that is what i plan on buying next spring. but my main factor is also $100 bucks compared to $350 bucks.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:31 PM

I have both a Cuddeback,, and the Moultries. I love the Cuddeback, it is my first digital, and works flawlessly, and takes great pictures, and I can put it on a trail and still catch deer passing with no trouble, The Moultrie cams are good too, especially for the money, but are alittle slower triggering, I have to hang the Moultries somewhere the deer stop for a little bit, like feeding or a scrape etc. It also takes good pics, I just thnk the Cuddeback has a few more features and also has the anti theft stuff on it, If you can get it Id say the Cuddeback is the way to go, If money is tight, dont be afraid of the Moultrie. I have never used a Leaf River myself but have a buddy with one, and he complains of having problems with the flash, and says it is much slower than mine.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:47 PM

I have 2 of the 1.3 moultries and I'm satisfied with them so far.Check out this site for a few reviews on trailcams www.chasinggame.com. I'm hopeing for the 3.1 moultrie as my christmas present.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 PM

I bought two Leaf River (DC-2BU) cams this fall and have hundreds of pictures with both. I've had no experiences with the cuddeback so I can't compare them for you.

On the good side- I've had no problems with either of the two (function wise). Flash seems decent. Plenty of functions to "play" with. Easy mounting system. Batteries have lasted 3 straight months (4D's, 3C's). Exterior case is good quality.

On the bad side- Trigger time seems slow. Close passing deer will be missed. Picture quality is ok (but adjustable).
Old 11-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm very happy with my leaf river