Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help please

Old 11-17-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Help please

every time i go out there is a squirl that makes so much racket. its constantly ruffeling leaves and what not and i havent seen one deer. could this squirl be keepin them away?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Help please

I have noticed deer checking out squirrells, but I think don't think the noise they make in the leaves bother them. If the deer has any idea a hunter may be in the timber they are going to weary so maybe one caught your scent and thought a human was making the noise.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:30 PM

If you see the dam squirrel, i'd give it a load or two... preferrably right in the poopshoot since he's being such an annoyance to you and possibly the deer
Old 11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say if he is going about his buisness and not barking at you it in my experience have zero impact on the deer. If he is barking at you then it's a different story. I have thrown a small game head at a squirrel or two in my day. Those little red ones seem to be the worst. They will alert everything for a hour. [:@]
Old 11-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

nah, he won't matter at all. They are annoying though.