Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just need to Vent!!! >

Just need to Vent!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just need to Vent!!!

Old 11-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Spike

Default Just need to Vent!!!

I just got off the phone w/ my dad and he informed me that our landowner left him a message that their would be 5 of his family members camping and hunting this weekend. This is opening weekend of rifle season in Oklahoma. I have yet to hunt this property this season b/c of the distance but it is prime land and I shot a nice buck last yr. It is in an area that has great deer, some of the best deer in the state are taken from this area. I don't bow hunt it b/c it is so far and I can't scout good enough and spend the time out there that I would need. I am just really fired up about this. I spend $3000 a yr on this place and now my whole weekend is ruined. It just really sucks and I needed to vent
Old 11-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Just need to Vent!!!

I would clarify in the paperwork on the lease who is allowed to hunt and then he would be breeching a contract
Old 11-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow man would i be hot after hearing that. i also depend on someone else to let me shotgun hunt b/c i cant aford the land myself to gun hunt. it is also a distance away so i have to resort to bowhunting around here which isnt as good as where i gun hunt but its close so i have to make do. i feel sorry for you man and hope things turn out for the better. do you have another place to gun hunt or are you just SOL?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Spike

I have just pulled the paperwork. It is an exclusive lease but I don't know what good it would do considering they will be there tomorrow. Plus I would feel guilty b/c he is a sweet ole' man and he doesn't think twice about it, he feels that their are plenty of deer for everyone, he just doesn't understand. Still fuming eeeeeeerrrrrrggggggg. Any suggestions on what to do.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:40 PM

The group I hunt with usually has about 10-12 people opening day of rifle season (also this Saturday in WI). We've only got 80 acres, but we still make it work. I'm not sure what your situation is as far as the amount of land available, but if your landowner is still going to let you hunt with his family, I'd just tell them where your stand is so that the know...and, yeah...I'd definately hunt.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

i would bring your paper work and show the man what he signed. but i would also be polite and say i understand that you allowed them to hunt this year. but if i "you" are still gonna pay to hunt6 then after this year i want exclusive rights to saying who can and will hunt the land. me as a landowner i dont let anybody on my land. my dad has 1 friend he lets come hunt. but we tell him he can't on opening day. thats the family's day and first crack at the good bucks.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

I say the best thing you can do is go in there with a good attitude. Being mad isnt gonna get you anywhere, cause chances are those relatives arent gonna leave. But for some reason if any of them give you a hard time, i'd be slamming that lease in their face. Maybe you can mention it to the landowner that you werent aware that anyone else would be allowed on the land, even relatives. If i were you, i'd be mad too. Good Luck

Zach
Old 11-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quit crying and go hunting. The ole fart wants a deer to. Just hunt down wind of those other hunters and let them spook the deer to you. Now wipe the snot off your face and get out there.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tell him to divide that $3000. up 6 ways you and the other 5.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That wouldn't work with me. I would tell him no I don't think so. It may be his land but we paid forexclusive hunting rights. If it doesn't like it than he can return the money and you can find find somewhere else to hunt but I wouldn't set back and take that. JMO

Quick Reply: Just need to Vent!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.