Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New hunting bow

Old 11-17-2005, 02:19 PM

Default New hunting bow

I am planning on purchasing a new bow, and I was wondering if anyone had shot and liked the new Hoyt Trykon? How are they comparing to the Matthews Switchback? Does anybody have any idea what Matthews will be coming out with in 2006?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: New hunting bow

I just shot one last weekend. I shoot a PSE right now and it blew my bow out of the water. It compares real close to a switchback but, it has a easier draw, I pull 58 pounds now and w/ the trykon I pulled 70 without any problem. Very fast and smooth. I was so impressed that I ordered one, don't know where i'll get the money but that won't matter once it gets here.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:35 PM

It shoots very well. Very quiet, pretty smooth, and no shock at all. If I had to say something bad, it would be 2 minor things.

The draw length isn't adjustable like on the cam and a 1/2, and it isn't as smooth, but a close second. Over all, I like it.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:52 PM

Best bow I ever shot. Shot it once and bought it the next day.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Switchback vs. Hoyt Tricon.........Both awesome bows, cost the basically the same, same basic size. I'm not sure about actual chronographed speed, once set-up. (I really like to know that) But after shooting both I'd go with the Tricon. The draw, grip and feel after the shot seem better to me.

They're both great bows!

Good Luck!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why not go with the original instead of the copy. Shoot the hoyt for awhile and you will SWITCHBACK
Old 11-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just shot the trykon about 4 days ago. I was going to update my darton with a new sight and was curious about the trykon and asked the pro at that shop if he has the trykon there. He said yup lets go out back and shoot it. So I was happy to go shoot it. Well I grabbed the bow nocked an arrow and aimed and shot and my mouth hit the ground. I said will you take my bow on trade. He said yup and I said order one please. I did shoot a BUNCH more as I couldn't put it down. From all the others I have tried switchback and others from PSE BOWTEC. The Trykon is the bomb. Best of the ones I looked at.

Recoil Non exsistant smooth very smooth and just a dull thud for the noise factor. It was fantastic. and I put my order right in and will be getting it soon. He said it goes for (I stopped him and said I DON'T CARE about price) just order it in my draw length. I put some goodies on the list for him to put on and after my down payment I still owe 800 big ones. BUt don't care its the best bow I have ever shot.

Now I want to say that everyone precieves things differently so YOU must shoot it yourself and make your own judgement. What I feel is smooth and no recoil mike be different to others. So YOU AND YOU ALONE have to be the judge. Good luck.

I even told the pro guy I is very smart that you have one all set up as it only takes one shot and they will be hooked.

Brian
Old 11-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

"just shot one last weekend. I shoot a PSE right now and it blew my bow out of the water. It compares real close to a switchback but, it has a easier draw, I pull 58 pounds now and w/ the trykon I pulled 70 without any problem. "

Absolutely hilarious......

It's funny how different people perceive things differently. I too have my switchback set @ 58 lbs. (you WERE comparing apples to apples, weren't you???). I had him crank the trykon to 58....and there's absolutely no comparison. The Mathews is EXTREMELY smoother. I actually went in there thinking that I'd like to get my son a new bow for Christmas (something lighter than his surrent Jennings). I thought....Hey...if I like this Hoyt....I'll keep it and give him the Switchback.

I left there without a Hoyt. I'll keep looking.

Personal preferences......

Jeff

Old 12-10-2005, 07:56 AM

i would say the mathews isa lot better also because its smoother and also because i was out testing a new bow at an archery shop in pa and so was another 2 people (shooting target) and one man had a Hoyt Trykon and my dad asked him if he liked it and he said it sucked
Old 12-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Spike

hey i shoot a hoyt its one of the better bows i think but go to a shop and shoot both of the ones you like good luck

Quick Reply: New hunting bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.