Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It happened to me >

It happened to me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It happened to me

Old 11-16-2005, 11:17 AM

Default RE: It happened to me

I take peoples stands....But I take them when they hang them on the Private Property I hunt and they don't have permission to be there.

Matter of fact, 4 of the stands we hunt with were from that type of scenerio.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

This should be the type of sign you guys should have on your property.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel, howevery I've had a little better luck. I had my camera out for a month or two before bow season, hoping to catch a nice buck in velvet. The day before the archery season opened, I went to develop the film and here someone took the film out of it. I'm sure someone got caught tresspassing and took the film to cover themselves. I guess atleast they didn't take the camera.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Like icedern said, My father and I are the only ones to hunt our and few other places. When we find stands on our property we take them. If they are stupid enough to tresspass and leave their stand up its mine. On another farmers property I hunt I give him the stands I find. Usually he will give them to us but he keeps them sometime in case someone comes looking for it. Then they get prosecuted.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate theifs. I have only stolen once in my life that i can think of. Maybe now and then a peice of gum from my mom or something but come on its gum. But what i did was we orderd a pizza at my friends house and it was my girl friend (just friends unfortenally) and he told me not to tip at all. But she got off work early and stayed there with us. I gave her the gas money for driving over, becasuse she dosnt deliver and she brought it over, she payed for it at her work so she could deliver it. So i gave her a huge tip out of my money paid her gass and bought the pizza for me and my friends with all my money which i dont mind. But the 20 dollars he was using to pay for it with was sittin on the ground so i took it. Serves that little *&#% right for spreading rumers about me and her. I kinda feel bad about it tho.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

These folks who steal treestands , game cams , etc. are NOT hunters by my standards!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:56 PM

But they are among us(not saying here)
I think we all should engrave our stands.

"I do not sell my stands,if this stand is for sale it was stolen. Please report the seller to the police"
Old 11-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I hung my first lock-on, Tuesday. I have exclusive rights to the land I hunt.....but that doesn't give any guarantees, I guess.

I hope it makes it through this season!

Jeff
Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I'm curious. You guys that say that you steal stands and use them that are onland that you have permission to hunt but is not your own land. Do you think that your stealing is justified?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:10 AM

So I'm curious. You guys that say that you steal stands and use them that are onland that you have permission to hunt but is not your own land. Do you think that your stealing is justified?
Do you think Tresspassing on marked land is justified?

Quick Reply: It happened to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.