Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Picking a glove for bow hunting??? >

Picking a glove for bow hunting???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picking a glove for bow hunting???

Old 11-16-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Picking a glove for bow hunting???

Friends,

I'm having a heck of a time finding a glove for bow hunting that will work with a release. Most gloves are too bulky and throw off my release position even if I loosen the release all the way out. I have extra large hands so my Scott Wildcat release is already maxed out for length. Other gloves don't have a cut out for trigger finger. With glove onmy anchor points get messed up. I'm thinking of just wearing the gloves during my stalk and then taking it off before the shot. Yes I said stalk...no tree hunting where I hunt. What are your thoughts or experience with a good bow hunting glove? HELP!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:39 AM

Default RE: Picking a glove for bow hunting???

I don't know what brand I use, but they have all the fingers cut out and a flap that folds over. They aren't the warmest gloves when it get really cold out, but they help a little and are not that bulky. Picked them up a wally word and didn't cost a whole lot. They don't seem to mess up my release at all and if it's really cold I have them on and stick my hands in my pockets with a hand warmer. I bet you could get away with pulling your glove off before the shot, but you might leave your release on and just get a glove big enough to pull over everything so you can just pull it off and shoot. Good luck find what you need.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Go with really light weight ones as long as you can. If it gets really cold I'll glove up the bow hand, but I keep the release hand in one thinner weight glove, cut off the trigger finger and put a hand warmer in my pocket if it's really cold to keep my hand warm.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:22 AM

I just the mossy oak shoot through gloves and a hand warmer for cold weather! They are great.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I normally don't wear them at all or I wear a thin pair of jersies and then pull them off when I think I am going to shoot. I just keep a couple of "hot hands" in each pocket to keep my hands warm.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

the past 2 seasons I have been using the camo skinz from cabelas. I even use the insulated ones(still very thin) They don't affect my shot, my anchor or the feel of the release.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

I use light gloves that don't affect my feel or the shot. I bought an Arctic Shield Muff and will use it for the 1st time this Fri and Sat. as the NY weather is really going to dip this week.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use fingerless gloves. I also don't bowhunt in an area that gets that cold during bowseason.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Go with really light weight ones as long as you can. If it gets really cold I'll glove up the bow hand, but I keep the release hand in one thinner weight glove, cut off the trigger finger and put a hand warmer in my pocket if it's really cold to keep my hand warm.
My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!! I hunt in the stand like this also.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:04 AM

Red Head Bow Gloves are great for feel and concealment. They don't keep your hands toasty though. Rocky and Remington also make a similar glove. They have worked great for me. You do need to practice/shoot with all the gear you wear on a regular basis. This will improve your confidence and it will bring any problems to the surface. I always shoot with my gloves on. Try them out you'll love them. When buying bow gloves buy the snug fit ones. If you wear larges buy mediums ect..

Quick Reply: Picking a glove for bow hunting???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.