Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do you hunt? >

Why do you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you hunt?

Old 11-15-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Why do you hunt?

Will readin the funny walmart story post it got me to thinkin, why do yall hunt.

I hunt because i can. andbecause itbeen passed down for generation from father to son that allows me to hunt, andsince i am only 16 i see that i am one of the one that has to try and keep the great sport of huntin alive so that the generation of fathers and sons to come and keep hunting.

so Why is it that yall hunt?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 PM

Default RE: Why do you hunt?

The challenge
Being in the woods
Seeing all the wildlife,not just what I shoot
The friendships
The Backstraps
Old 11-15-2005, 09:41 PM

I just love being out there in the woods. It's quiet, peaceful, and the adrenaline rush you get every time you see a deer is priceless. I'm kind of an adrenaline junky anyway. I'm new to hunting still and want to pass it down to my kids as well. I got a late start, don't want that to happen to them.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:49 PM

- The Rush
- The smell of crisp morning air
- The comradery with hunting buddies
- The beautiful animals roaming the earth
- Keeping the tradition alive
- Asserting myself as young hunter
Old 11-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love it.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:16 PM

I hunt in central Mo.actually I've hunted in many different locations in central Mo.my reason is:I get up and out early,see what sounds I hear before sunrise.the many bright colorful leaves in late Oct.cool,crisp with a little light frost on the ground.sometimes I would hunt on a ridge top that had a great veiw ,sometimes i'd just sit in my stand and watch the cows play with my turkey decoys!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I watched a show on TV a few weeks ago....and the host asked a European stag guide the same question...."Why do you hunt"? He answered it the best I've ever heard anyone do so....and it fits me. He said (and I paraphrase): The better question is....Why do some men NOT hunt? He went on to say that hunting was a natural trait/characteristic that is somehow genetically being lost. Hunting is NATURAL.....and the fact that the instinct is becoming EXTINCT in some .....is a sad commentary.

Jeff's take:

Hunting is natural. "I" can't explain why I love to hunt any more than I can explain why the shape of my wife's body makes me melt. It just "does".....and I just "hunt". I wouldn't feel right if I were deprived of either. I think we should all learn to ask people...."Why DON'T you hunt?". We are NOT the ones that need to explain ourselves.

I hope everyone has a great ending to their hunting season. Then go fishing....!!!

Jeff
Old 11-16-2005, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's like asking 'why do you breathe.'
Old 11-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a primal passion and drive that I was born with. There are a bunch of fringe benefits that go with that and most of them have been listed above.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:52 AM

Because I haven't yet found a way to get the deer to walk into camp and surrender on their own.

Quick Reply: Why do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.