Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do you hunt? >

Why do you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you hunt?

Old 11-16-2005, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Why do you hunt?

challenge, experiences, sights, instead of buddies I prefer to hunt solo and relish that
Old 11-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

I love the outdoors! I was born and raised into hunting and fishing. I love being in the woods in all weather and all seasons. Watching animals, regardless if I am hunting them or not. I enjoy the comradery with other hunters.I also enjoy the peacefulness and the chance to get away from the rat race for a while.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I do it bacause I enjoy it and its relaxing for me and its my sanity away from the city life.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:15 PM

MEAT(love it)
other then that, I would like a P&Y.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Great way to spend time with family and friends also fun to be so close to animals and for them to not have a clue that your there.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:47 PM

1. The meat
2. Escape from everyday life
3. Escape the wife
4. Enjoy watching nature, I like to see how close I can get to an animal
5. The comeraderie, spending time with friends

I list this one last, but to me it is the most important.

Hunting is the only place on this earth where I can TRUELY be myself. I am not second guessed, argued with, told what to do, or rushed. I make my own decisions, in my own time, under my own thoughts, with no one else's "feelings" to take into consideration.
Nature doesn't care who I am, what I do, where I come from or how much money I make. Nature doesn't care who my friends are, who I am married to, what my parents think, what my boss tells me, or what to do next. Nature just cares that I show up and pay it some attention sometimes.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

-The Outdoors
-The thrill of seeing animals up close
-Meat (food)
-The wonder of nature
-The challenge of taking a smart, resilient creature with ancient technology (bow & arrow)

Old 11-16-2005, 08:09 PM

its a challenge,the thrill of the hunt,the outdoors,the adrenaline,the pride in taking an animal,its down right fun,family, friends
Old 11-16-2005, 08:30 PM

I hunt because in a world were people can do nothing for them selfs I can take the resposibility in my own hands togo out and take life from another living creature.

It gives me the chance to melt into nature and feel the same things hunters befor me have felt.

It makes me forget about the world I have to livein every day.

It is not the kill, I dont even like to kill.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:53 PM

for the challenge, to relax, im 20 and in college its the only time i get to spend with my old man, and like the other guy said we're the future

Quick Reply: Why do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.