Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any other nutty hunters... >

Any other nutty hunters...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any other nutty hunters...

Old 11-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any other nutty hunters...

Wow, you guys got it easy! I have a 4 hour drive, and have only missed 1 weekend since Oct.1st. I'm going this weekend too for the gun opener here in Ill, probably gonna freeze my gonads off (I'd rather be bowhunting). Come home empty handed the majority of the time. Spending glad bags full of money for gas, hotels, gear, etc. Yea, I'm pretty freakin nutty.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

Wow, you guys got it easy! I have a 4 hour drive, and have only missed 1 weekend since Oct.1st. I'm going this weekend too for the gun opener here in Ill, probably gonna freeze my gonads off (I'd rather be bowhunting). Come home empty handed the majority of the time. Spending glad bags full of money for gas, hotels, gear, etc. Yea, I'm pretty freakin nutty.
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were my hunting partner.

2 weeks ago I worked until almost 10:30 at night, got gas and food on my way home, gathered all my gear up, loaded the truck, took a shower, ate some more food, took a 30 minute nap, then woke up and left home by 1:30 am, drove 4 hours to my hunting spot, and was in my stand by shooting light at 6. Needless to say it was a loooong morning in the stand.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:10 PM

Wow, some of you are really dedicated. I have a 15 minute drive to my land and that has me spoiled.

I'd be pretty irritable if I had to get up at 0200 or 0300 to hit the woods and not see anything.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:30 PM

Yup, an hour and a half of windsheild time each way every time I go. Well worth it to.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

I dont spend a lot of money[dont have much] But many times I sleep in the truck or on the ground in a bag on fri. night till sunday at dark.Makes it eazy to find a place to sleep though.See a nice elk/deer sleep there :} I eat a lot of cold food on the weekend.

I have been spending way to much for fuel.

Oooooooo and just to tell you there is many nights my wife will sleep with me on the ground or in the woods :}
Old 11-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Heck, 2 1/2 hours drive! Are you sure your not huntin in my back yard?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Spike

Hour and half but, the second have I have to drive slow b/c i'm always dodging deer. Last saturday I counted 13 dead in a 35 mile area. Always on my toes while in that area.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I wake up on Saturday mornings about 4:30......fix junior and I some breakfast.....get a shower.....and we walk to our stands in about 15 minutes (taking the slow route through 2 creeks and to try and remain quiet). We live on 3 acres...and we have 24 adjacent to us that we have exclusivepriveleges to. beside that....we have 24 more that we exclusive priveleges to. 10.42 backs up to those two.....and ONE HUNDRED & FORTY acres of county owned parks land keeps ANYONE from getting close to us.

I've VERY CAREFULLY cultivated these relationships.....and my son should have VERY GOOD hunting for the rest of his life. We will likely get a chance to buy the 48 acres at some time in the future.

We are VERY lucky.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I fairly lucky on this issue. All the places I hunt are 15-30 minute drives.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:28 AM

I have been driving 3 hours each way too.

I recently found a great spot to hunt about 30 minutes from my house. I hunted there probably 20 times this year already. 280 acres to myself. GREAT!

I am getting more and more spoiled though, because I like this soo much that I went and bought 8 acres to build a house on less than a mile from this spot. By next hunting season, I'll be hunting almost every morning and evening because I can.

(I'll still be huffing it for rifle, but that is usually only one weekend, and it is more for the company than the hunt)

Quick Reply: Any other nutty hunters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.