Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funny Walmart story >

Funny Walmart story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny Walmart story

Old 11-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funny Walmart story

Huntinggus i would go crazy if she was eating my jerky and dissing hunting.
I would have, but unfortunately we have a history. My father in law and I have almost went to blows in the past and there is still an uneasy feeling when we are around one another.

But now the gloves are off! I'm sick of her mouth! There is a time to be nice and a time to bark back!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think it would have been funny if that little old lady would have knocked him upside his fat head with her purse. Who cares what a little old lady says, you treat them with respect no matter what. Don't you have a grandma?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I think it would have been funny if that little old lady would have knocked him upside his fat head with her purse. Who cares what a little old lady says, you treat them with respect no matter what. Don't you have a grandma?
LOL. You've watched too much LaughIn as a kid.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Some people probably aren't going to make the same connection here that I did but here goes.. Just got done reading a news story on AOL that was about an 18 yr old that shot and killed the parents of the girl he was dating. What struck me as not fair in the story was that they made a big deal that the killer was a hunter and had posted photos online of some of the deer he had taken. So are they saying that because he hunted deer and posted the pictures online that he was just a murderer in the making? In my opinion the media loves to tie murderers to a hunting legacy in some way.

My connection to this thread was that with the media feeding the masses (mostly non-hunters) this type of crap we as hunters have to do what we can to fight the bad image. Iunderstand that some people are so full of hate for hunters that you are never going to sway them, I alsoagree with those that have said that taking the high road is the best choice regardless.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

does this thread have something to do with bowhunting or even archery in general?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM

I can't believe they would do that... its completely messed up!! Its like people saying that gaming or certain music makes people do things! Its just singling out a group of people to piss some other off and say something is bad!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Campo on this one all the way ,I felt the negativity with your conversation with the lady ,as far as I'm concerned this would have been a perfect time to just walk away without saying a word .Have you ever heard the phrase [silence is golden ] I think it would have worked better than getting her all riled up.
As for the story Lady Arwen speak's of I have to agree that they portray all hunter's as killer's ,even when it has absolutely nothing to do with the situation .I believe someone need's to set the record straight with the author that wrote it. I'm sure his e-mail has been full since the date of the story.

nubo
Old 11-17-2005, 08:17 PM

I just think people need to mind their own dam business. If a guy wants to hunt ducks, let him hunt ducks. Next time tell em you'll bring a coot to their house - let em smell it and they may change their dam mind!! haha
Old 11-18-2005, 02:52 AM

Duh? Did I do something funny?

I had a girl that worked with me....and she didn't like the idea of me planning on going hunting in the future (don't hunt yet)....I explained to her that she eats meat and so do I....only difference is that her meat is from an animal killed by someone else....while my deer or whatever will be killed by me.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:39 AM

Both of those people have the right to say what ever they want and all of you have the right to say what ever you want.

In my personal opinion, I am rather sick and tired of all of this "Hunters Ethics" talk all of the time. It's on every hunting show, fishing show, magazine, and even this BBS. We are all hunters here, and by default, we are all ethical.

I don’t walk down the street everyday telling everyone that I meet that I am drug free, don’t drink when I drive, and don’t kick my dog. This is acceptable behavior that is expected by all. Sure there are exceptions to the rules. I see almost every night on the news (in Chicago) that someone was murdered. Does the public now think that every red blooded human in the world in a murderer? No! So does this mean that in every conversation I have to enforce the fact that I am not a cold blooded serial killer? No.

Living in the city, and working for a company that a majority of employees are tree hugging liberals, I am almost silent when the subject of hunting comes up. But when it does, I am delighted to hear that even these extreme leftists don’t have a problem with it. In fact, I have even been invited to deer and varmint hunt a few properties this year. Most people support me and say "Good Luck," "Are you bringing venison?" and “Let me know how you do out there.” There are exceptions to this as well. These people don’t understand land management and claim to be conservationists. Well, they are just ignoramistists.

Quick Reply: Funny Walmart story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.