Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! >

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Sometimes you just can't win. Before season started (Sept14), I scouted a spot. I saw a 2.5 year old eight before season...and another deer that I thought was absolutely huge. When I began hunting the spot I saw the 2.5 year old eight point nearly every night. I had a nice deer, which I believe was another eight with really white antlers, come in and stop short on me. I thought it was the huge deer I saw before season. So I shined the field a couple times...saw the white-antlered eight pointer...and came to the conclusion that was the huge deer I had previously thought I had seen.
I didn't think he was big enough for me...so I pulled my stands out and began scouting new areas. The entire last week I have barely seen any deer. So tonight just after dark I was driving by my old spot...and saw the huge deer again. He's not the same deer as the white-horned eight pointer. He's a huge eight point. So I just wasted a week....and not only that, but if I would have been there tonight I would have more than likely had this huge deer. ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

oh well, I know he's there. Time to move some stands.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:45 PM

Default RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

This is a good reminder that the grass is not always greener.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:47 PM

Default RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I have the same problem some times. You just have to remember to stick it out, and wait. Patience is a virtue, especially in bowhunting. Good luck!

"Playing under the table and dreaming"