Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELP!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 05:25 PM

Default HELP!!!

Long story short, I Shot an 8 point tonight. I couldnt see the arrow when i let it go but the buck hunched up and took off. He stopped after about 20 yards and looked back for what happened. I found the arrow and there was no blood on it at all. However we did find blood in a place where he stood for a good 2 minutes. Couldnt find anymore blood or the deer. what do you think happened.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:29 PM

Default RE: HELP!!!

Sounds like you hit him low. Did you find any white hair where he was standing when you took the shot? If white hair was found then you probably just grazed him. It doesn't sound good.[X(]
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 PM

I couldnt find any hair at all. The thing is that it had about 8 or 10 dime sized blood spots. I dont thinka nick would leave that much blood but the lack of blood on my arrow especially the vane is what really throws me off.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:48 PM

Sounds just like a doeI shot a few years back.I zipped her right through the gut, she hunched, ran about 30 yards and stopped to look around. I knew I hit her in the gut so waited until dark and then snuck out until the next morning. When i came back she was laying bedded, dead not75 yards from the shot. The only place there was blood was where she stopped to look around. Does your arrow have a smell or stomach matter feel to it?

If you did gut shoot it, its important that he didnt know you were there or feel pressure otherwise he is gone with little to no blood to follow. If he didnt know you were there, I would wait until morning and come back and he wont be bedded far.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 PM

Sounds like a gut shot to me. Get the heck out of there until tomorrow morning and pick up the trail then. DO NOT push the deer. He will run forever.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:59 PM

There was nothing on the arrow. Didnt smell or anything. That was the first thing i checked when i retrieved the arrow. He had no idea that I was there but Im going back in the morning to take another look around.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

invest in lighted nocks then you will always see your arrow hit, could possibly been flesh wound, was the deer broadside or quartering?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:14 PM

I had a broadside shot at about 30 yards. It just seems kind of weird that the arrow was clean. I also use mechanical broad so im not sure how it was open enough to cause a cut that would allow it to bleed.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Same thing happened to me almost 2 weeks ago. Bad news is I never found the doe I shot. Blood on trail in one spot, nothing on arrow. I looked around the rocks, over and under logs. I went back that night and the next day and never found her. I wish you better luck.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I garuntee it is a Gut shot, the hunch up and walking away slowly is a sure sign, he will die but it could take up to 6 hours, if u dont push him he should bed down and i am sure u will find him. good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.