Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrows "Wobbling" in flight >

Arrows "Wobbling" in flight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows "Wobbling" in flight

Old 11-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Arrows "Wobbling" in flight

I just started shooting a bow, this year. I switched from a whisker biscuit to a drop-away rest, Saturday. My bow is perfectly sighted in......but I can see the arrow wobbling one way when it leaves the bow. Like I said....it's ABSOLUTELY dialed in at 20, 30 & 40 yds....and the sight are true "left-right". Could the problem be that the rest and the string are not 100% aligned, correctly? What is it? It doesn't seem to be an accuracy issue (quite the contrary....it's GREAT, right now)....but it also seems wrong.

Any help? Thanks, guys.

Jeff
Old 11-14-2005, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrows "Wobbling" in flight

go back to the WB and see what your arrows do, if they fly straight, then you have an issue with your drop away. that is why i stick with the WB its a little more stable.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

You know...if the WB was quiet....I'd never have changed it. I loved its' ease of use. I worked hard to get my stand in a great spot, though....slowly working it over to that tree. I got myself in PERFECT position.....and this piece of equipment wouldn't allow me a shot.

I didn't change because I wanted to......

I'm guessing that everyone with a drop away isn't shooting with a bow out of tune.

Jeff
Old 11-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

It's not the rest, it's the tune of the bow or the arrow. Just because a whisker bisquit causes 360 degree friction to straighten an arrow out doesn't make it "THE ANSWER". The answer is start at square one and tune it. Make sure you're shooting the right arrow/broadhead for your specs. I assume it's a stupid question but it has to be ask. Are you shooting fingers or release?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

release. Mathews switchback set to 58lbs. draw weight. 300 gr carbons w/ 100 gr points/broadheads.

I'm all ears....

Jeff
Old 11-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

So why did you HAVE to change it????? just curious.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I HAD to change it because I got scent-free.....and gradually worked my stand location to NINE YDS from an active corridor trail and a VERY active scrape. At that distance....the WB was too noisy to allow me to draw back on deer.

No choice. Either keep the biscuit....and watch deer.....or go more stealth and get a shot.

Jeff

Update: My bowshop owner said that the arrow might be deflecting slightly off the drop away portion of the rest as it's leaving. Makes sense, to me. We'll adjust it, this evening.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Too noisey??? I have drawn on deer right under mystand and they have never heard mine....hmmm. Mine is nice and quiet.....good luck to you anyway. hope ya bag a biggun.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:31 AM

I'd say you might be shooting to light of arrows for to powerful a bow.... that can cause wobbling in the arrows.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to agree with Mcgee - too light of an arrow for the power of the bow can cause all sorts of havoc when they first leave the bow.

Quick Reply: Arrows "Wobbling" in flight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.