Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I could not believe this >

I could not believe this

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I could not believe this

Old 11-14-2005, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default I could not believe this

buddy of mine hunts in se pa and has had an up and down season. last year, someone tried to shoot a buck he was getting ready to take with a crossbow from the road. game warden got them. this year, he misses a doe, 2x. I got an e mail from him on saturday stating that he had shot a seven ptr thurs night. he went back on friday morning to find it (he likes to give them time). he is the only one allowed to bowhunt here. he and his buddy track a good blood trail to a...anyone?? friggin gut pile! someone was either hunting coming from another property, or one of the campers (it is a campground that he hunts) folks were hunting. I feel horrible for him. he is coming down to hunt the va rifle opener with me. I'm damn sure gonna put him in front of one here. can you believe that though?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:04 AM

Default RE: I could not believe this

About 20 years ago, I was hunting with my grandfather. I heard him shoot twice, so I headed over to where he was sitting. I got there in about 30 minutes...he was sitting there grinning and shaking his head. He said he hit a BIG 8 point and knocked it down...it got back up, and he knocked it down again (he was shooting a 16 gau). I sat and ate lunch with him, waited about 30 minutes, and started off on the blood trail. I followed the blood for about an hour, and it ended in a gut pile. Poor gramps.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:14 AM

Thats sick. It would be even sicker if the claimed the deer as their "kill".
Old 11-14-2005, 10:53 AM

My father and I were hunting with a family friend here in western washington... if any of you know about western washington blacktail hunting its really hard and you almost always take a doe instead of a buck! We left our friend and let him walk along the edge of a clearing and came back 2 hours later. He tells us he shot a bit 3x3 buck and that it ran straight down to the road below us! We jump in the truck and drive down looking for a deer for me or my dad and when we get to where the buck is.... get this... theres another truck tailgate down and the buck in the back with another guys tag on it!!! You better believe we called the game warden. The guy didn't even have a bow with him!!!!!!!! That was about 6 years ago but I still remember it because of how much it ticked me off!