Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Withdrawls??

Old 11-13-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Withdrawls??

I need some support from my fellow bowhunters. Here I am, sitting in my dorm room, 7 hours away from my bow and my hunting woods. I haven't been able to shoot my baby since the middle of August. I just got the bow during the summer and really want some blood on it. It's too new and beautiful to just be sitting in a case in my closet. I'll be rifle hunting next weekend, and then i'm taking the trip home for Thanksgiving. I can tell you, i'll be sitting in those woods for many hours soaking up the cold autumn breeze and smell. so let's here a little support from ya'll, maybe a story and a picture or two. Thanks
Old 11-13-2005, 09:05 PM

Default RE: Withdrawls??

Store your bow at someone's house off campus, then hunt on the weekends or on days you have class early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Find some state land that you can hunt, even if the land is not good, you can still get out in the woods. I wish I would have hunted more in college, I would have been happier.

Vashadowhunter
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck I skipped school all the time and I cannot think of a better reason to skip than the RUT. It is good though that you have yer priorities straight, or do you, ya you do yer folks must be proud. Now skip a few days or get that bow to school with you and go kill a deer. keep us informed. Here is a picture of my buck.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:48 PM

This is a whole different type of hunting than i'd be used to.. There aren't any trees in east river South Dakota. I've been trying to get my withdrawls in order by splitting some time with duck and pheasant hunting. my heart is in the woods.