Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Buck knife broke >

My Buck knife broke

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Buck knife broke

Old 11-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Buck knife broke

Not sure where to post this.

I've had the same Buck knife for 20 years. This knife has field dressed many of deer. In the field today, my trusty friend broke. I was separating the pelvic bone as I've done many times and the tip broke off - about a quarter inch.

My question: Are Buck knives backed up with a lifetime warranty? Anyone else have experience with getting them replaced if they are?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My Buck knife broke

I remember looking it up and i think they are covered by a lifetime...but dont quote me on that..
Old 11-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

A very good friend of mine broke his buck knife a couple season's back and I'm sure it was 10 yrs old .He returned it and they sent him a new one with no question's asked .
I definately do believe that they'll warranty your knife .

nubo
Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never seen that done without a bone saw can you elaborate on how you di it.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

When Lowes was selling Buck the store stood behind them not Buck,it would be worth a call to them!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I never seen that done without a bone saw can you elaborate on how you di it.
There's a point about half way from back to front of the pelvic bone that is soft. Put the knife on this spot and whack it with your hand. This'll send it right through, then a good couple swift cranks back and forth (like shifting a car)with the knife will split the pelvic bone.This does leave one hard-boned spot at the top (toward the front of the deer) about the size of a dime that requires a little more umph in cracking it. Usually not a problem but this time the tip just broke - I guess one too many times being used as a chisel rather than a knife.

I guess if I can't get it replaced, I'm not going to complain, it's been a great knife.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a buck knife and used it for over 10 years the blade had been sharpened that many times it was less than 1/2 the original size.
The blade ended up breaking I got in contact with Buck and they said send it back, I told them that the knife had been used and abused in the time I had it.

A few weeks after I sent it too them a brand spankin new one turned up with a note thanking me for using their knife.

Buck and Old Timer are the only knivesI will use.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:10 AM

Yep. Using the knife as a chisel tends tobe pretty hard onthem. I did one like that also. Make sure to tell them exactly how you broke it, OK?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:12 AM

i just bought a buck special knife i believe it was called...
its my first hunting knife..i havent been able to use it yet but i like the weight and looks of it..
my dad had his for awhile and thats the only reason i got the same one.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I have 4 of them but never really use them. I do most of my gutting with a little folding Gerber gator pocket knife. I carry one old small Buck in my pack for a backup.

Quick Reply: My Buck knife broke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.