Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Corn taken off a field in front of my woods, should I hunt it tonight? >

Corn taken off a field in front of my woods, should I hunt it tonight?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Corn taken off a field in front of my woods, should I hunt it tonight?

Old 11-12-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Corn taken off a field in front of my woods, should I hunt it tonight?

n/m
Old 11-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Default RE: Corn taken off a field in front of my woods, should I hunt it tonight?

I should be more specific, it was taken off this morning. A few deer, mainly doe were bedded down in it and ran off. Do deer go to a freshly picked field?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Corn taken off a field in front of my woods, should I hunt it tonight?

The ones i seen last night when i went out for a drive they went into a freshly picked corn field.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is a ton of fresh pickings on the ground. I would bet some deer will be using that field. Good luck
Old 11-12-2005, 12:09 PM

yea i'd still hunt it, around here as long as it hasnt been brushed hogged or anything yet they will still be using it and actually still bed in it
Old 11-12-2005, 03:42 PM

I know they do around here. See a bunch of them in the newly cut fields on the way home every evening...
Old 11-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know they do around here. See a bunch of them in the newly cut fields on the way home every evening...
Ditto. I'd be all over that.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

WEll, it's too late now because it's dark...but tonight would have been the night.....and tomorrow and the next etc etc. They'll be picking it nightly for quite a while.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:46 PM

Well, I did make it out. In the stand from 3-6 and NOTHING. I can't figure it out. The doe are still running together, and I haven't seen a big buck yet this season. They are there, I'm findingHUGE tracks, butI haven't seen a big deer yet. Oldest buck I've seen has been a year and a half. Must be the weather, and the night time movement. Wednesday is supposed to get cold here in OH. Maybe that will snap'em out of it.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

one spot i hunt ,i watched deer run to the field every time the combine was at the opposite end , and i watched one doe run right up to the combine and wait at the edge of the field for the combine to turn around

Quick Reply: Corn taken off a field in front of my woods, should I hunt it tonight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.