Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sad Story for me Yesterday Morning.. >

Sad Story for me Yesterday Morning..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sad Story for me Yesterday Morning..

Old 11-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sad Story for me Yesterday Morning..

Well, i decided to call my boss and call in sick the night before so i could go sit the morning in my stand where I have Lots of Big Rubs and a couple nice Scrapes. I hadn't seen Crap for Quality bucksat this spot this year, but i knew there had to be at least one with all the Big Rubs. So, I'm all excited the night before, getting ready to shoot the BIG one.. lol.. I wake up at 5 a.m. Take a shower in Scent Killer soap, gather myscent killed clothes, Dress warm, and head out. Its only about 7 minute drive to where i hunt, so thats always nice. LOL. I hunt a private 60 acres at this spot, Nice Oak ridges, and swamps. Always Nice deer in the area. Anyways, i just start pulling off the highway onto the shoulder to exit onto the private drive and in the road is a deer. I thought to myself, NO NO, dont tell me... I get closer and sure as poop, its a Beautiful 10, my heart justsank. I couldn't believe it. All that time, work and patience and the Highway Killers got him. I'm assuming it wasa 10, his left side was busted off. It looked like a semi nailed him. He was pretty bashed up. I cut his Rack offand went hunting anyways. I only saw a 3 pointer. I get home and later in the night i was looking at the Anlter and was thinking it looked familiar. I checked my videos from last year, and sure as poop again, it was an 8 i had passed up twice last year.Waited a whole year for him and then this.That really SUCKS. Such a beautiful animal , only to be wasted away by a semi. Big Deer too, his neck was seriously swollen. Anyways, thats how my hunting season is going..

Thats HUNTIN.....

Old 11-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sad Story for me Yesterday Morning..

Bummer[&o]
Old 11-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

the bad news is ..... its safe to say that sux,

the good news is .... theres probably more than one shooter around your hunting area Im sure
Old 11-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah... But I hate when You let a buck go, in hopes of getting a crack at him the following year, and then some jag off hits him on the highway.. That what I get for hunting near a highway i guess.. And geez, the speed limit right there is only like 40, its just coming in and going out of town.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:47 AM

Yikes that sucks, thats what we get for living in the #2 state for deer-car accidents. Argh.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

You called off work to hunt...You started the bad Karma on Thursday night!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:28 AM

I know what you mean bud, that happend to me a week ago except I have been going after him for five years, its depressing isnt it? All that time you spend scouting, sitting for a nice shot, and it takes no skill whats so ever for a vechical to hit him? Yea, that really sucks. Just think thought, his genes are out there in alot of other lilins!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 PM

Bummer that sucks.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:32 PM

That's a big bummer, there's more out to be had.....
Old 11-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That does suck. Funny thing is though - at least down state where I'm at, I rarely see roadkill bucks - always doe. Of course, this time of year the bucks are half nuts.

Quick Reply: Sad Story for me Yesterday Morning..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.