Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Trails End #307 or Active Scrape? >

Trails End #307 or Active Scrape?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trails End #307 or Active Scrape?

Old 10-08-2002, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trails End #307 or Active Scrape?

Opening day here in NY starts in 1 week and I was wondering what works best for early season? This is my 2nd year hunting and I didn't use lures last year. I have a scrape dripper as well that drips only during daylight. Should I make a mock scrape and use the Trails End 307 in the early season in the scrape dripper or use the active scrape? THe rut is still a good 3 weeks away. ANy thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:35 AM

Default RE: Trails End #307 or Active Scrape?

MJR, I have a mock scrape going right now with the dripper bag also. I'm using Hawg's Buck Fever line and it worked well to help me bag my first buck this season. He caught the scent and walked straight to the scrape and starting sniffing all around it and rubbing his head in the branches above. I'm keeping that scrape active and have seen some doe prints in it, but no real digging like the bucks do, yet. I'm not using anything that resembles the rut yet, since it is still 3 weeks away here in Nebraska also. I'm using Hawg's BF Pre and Post Rut scent on the ground and in the dripper and have sprayed BF Gland scent in the branches above the scrape. From what I have read, this is the most important aspect of mock scrapes- spraying some sort of gland scent on the branches above. It worked for me. The buck I got spent several seconds sniffing and rubbing his head in the branches I sprayed the gland scent on.

Hope this helps out some,

-Brad
Eastern Nebraska Bowhunter
Old 10-08-2002, 11:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: Trails End #307 or Active Scrape?

I used active scrape in a scrape dipper last year in the first of november and killed a nice 10 point. I put it up a week before I went out and killed him the first hunt. I am going to try it next week for blackpowder season.