Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One Mans Trash Is Another Mans.... >

One Mans Trash Is Another Mans....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One Mans Trash Is Another Mans....

Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Site Bouncer

Default One Mans Trash Is Another Mans....

Bow!

I was in Indiana yesterday for work when I saw a bow in someones trash. Not usually one to pick through trash I couldn't help myself so I stopped to see what it was. It was a Browning Rage one. It was missing the cable, string, wheel, axle, bushings etc.. and the slide. The lower cam was inplace and the limbs "looked" ok.

So I brought the bow to a local Browning dealer and he actually had a wheel in one of his old parts bin. He put it on as well as the strings and all of the other parts that were missing. He took the bow apart inspected it,cleaned and lubed it, put it all back together and the thing shoots like a dream.

Total cost?? $58.00 he did not charge me for thewheel just the strings, laborand the misc. parts.

I called Browning and gave them theserial number on the bow, it turns out to be a 2005 model! 60-70lb 25-31in draw

I set it at 31 and measured the actual draw length. It measured out to 31 3/4in Ihave been shooting a 32indraw and this felt just fine.

I got it set up with sights, rest, peep, etc... and today I was shooting 1 1/2in groups at 20 yards. Shot the Montecs with the same results. To say I'm pleased is an understatement!

Unbelievable what people through away!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:17 PM

Default RE: One Mans Trash Is Another Mans....

Hell of a nice find. Wish i could be so lucky sometimes.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Site Bouncer

Oh, I forgot to add....there was not a scratch on it!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 PM

It payed off to dumpster dive! SPLASH!!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 years ago a fellow worker gave me and "old" Browning bow that his son was going to throw away. After looking it over, I decided to call Browning and get it repaired since it was a $400 bow. The guy at Browning asked for the SN# and then asked me what I wanted to do with the bow. I told him I wanted new pulleys, cams, thimbles, string and cables and he said that would cost about $128. I agreed to the price and then the guy said that the bow was still under warranty and if the limbs were damaged they'd give me a new one. I sent it in and sure enough in about a week I got a brand new bow for free. I couldn't believe it and neither could my friend that gave the old broken bow........lol....Since then I've killed 8 deer with it.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey has any one found a bow in Indiana it fell out of my truck yesterday. Of all the dumb luck I think it fell in a trash can along side the road. Any help would be greatly appreaciated as it was my past away fathers bow. It means alot to me. Please help.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:18 PM

Hey that was my bow... I didn't mean to throw it out. So if you could send it back to me that would be great...
Old 11-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

DO you think he was hunting the wrong kind of tail and got caught
Old 11-09-2005, 05:49 PM

I'm allways down with split tails...
Old 11-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!! That is an awesome find!! Congrats on your pick-up!

Quick Reply: One Mans Trash Is Another Mans....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.