Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 first deer with bow!! >

first deer with bow!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first deer with bow!!

Old 11-09-2005, 07:13 AM

Default first deer with bow!!

well this was my first year bowhunting and i think im in love. after seeing my buddies go bowhunting in the fall before we would go coon hunting i wanted something to do during the day while we waited for night to come so i decided i would buy a bow and see how i can do. well i got out to my farm and was talkin to our renter if he saw any deer around lately and he said that he has been seein a smaller buck and i thought he was talkin about the small fork that i have been seening all year long. but he said that it was a small 8 pt that would come pretty close to the buildings during the night. well i have been hunting the back part of my farm all year so i decided to move to about the middle of the farm and see if i can see something else besides the small forker. well i get up a tree and am sitting there i rattled about 4 times throughout the after noon and after my last series of callin i started to get bored. so i was staring out in the middle of no where and then all of a sudden a small 8 pt comes walkin to my left. he comes to a tree and starts licking a tree overhead so it gave me a chance to stand up. i pull back and shoot and i went right over his back. so close in fact that i hit his back. he circles around me and i have to re arrow and turn around 180 degrees. he sees me pull back and this time i hit him hard. complete pass through and blood all over the place. i see him run out into the corn field and he falls. i couldnt believe it. it happend so fast. i couldnt believe i didnt get buck fever that bad. i mean i had it but i thought the first deer i would draw at i would be all over the place with the pins. but it was a nice 8 pt for my first deer. it was a big bodied deer and the neck was large as well. i want to thank everyone on here for giving tips and tricks to this new great way of hunting. i might now go and buy a turkey tag and see how i do there. thanks again. Peter.

ill get my pics up here once i get the camera developed.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Spike

Default RE: first deer with bow!!

congrats man and now you are hooked!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go PETE. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 PM

congrats on the buck!!! You never forget your first deer with a bow!!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good job on your first. Maybe you had that buck fever more than you thought, remember your first shot.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:47 PM

Congrats,you're hooked now.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:23 AM

Great job!!! Can't wait to see the pics. So if I understood the story right, you just got the bow this year and this was the first time you went bow hunting and you bagged a buck??? I wish I had that kind of luck. Congrats again, you'll be hooked for life now.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM

no i have been bow hunting just about every weekend and skipped some school to go out. this was the first time that i saw THIS buck. i am gonna hope to get the camera in this weekend after i take some more pics and some parties. later. pete
Old 11-10-2005, 09:22 AM

It's an awesome feeling. The first deer is a great feeling as are all the subsequent kills when you are bow hunting! Congrats
Old 11-10-2005, 09:52 AM

Congrats. I also stuck my first deer last weekend? I am hooked. Rifle hunters don't know what they are missing. But I am not telling them. I like having the woods to myself.

I am also a coon hunter. Our season opens on Wed. My wife just LOVES that.

Quick Reply: first deer with bow!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.