Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hair flys and so do the profanities >

hair flys and so do the profanities

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hair flys and so do the profanities

Old 11-08-2005, 09:41 PM

Default hair flys and so do the profanities

At approximatly 4:30 this afternoon i grunted in a nice 140" 10 pnt. He gave me a perfect broadside 25yd chip shot. I drew back nestled my pin behind his shoulder and released! This is when things got Wild in some matrix move the buck squated causing my arrow to knock the hair off his back. As i sat there dazed and confused at the magical trick i had just witnessed and gazing at the ball of hair flying in the breeze i reached for and nocked another arrow the buck just walked off as if nothing ever happened and thats when i broke into a profanity fit worse than an stuttering man with terrets(sp?) syndrom. ohh what a day my first shooter ive seen and he had to be a taleted limbo stickplayer. ohh well thats the way it goes.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Spike

Default RE: hair flys and so do the profanities

That sucks! But don't despair. The rut is going strong. At least it ishere anyway. Maybe you can rattle him in tomorrow.Good luck!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM

ive actually never seen a deer duck......but im so new maybe he had been shot at previously? hope you get another shot...rattlins been workin up here for my buddies
Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you need a mathews switchback. the arrows faster than the noise. LOL
Old 11-09-2005, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jumped your string. If I'm shooting between 20-35 yards, I am a little low to prevent something like this. Never seen that, but I've heard of it many times before.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Rich Baker

Sounds like you need a mathews switchback. the arrows faster than the noise. LOL
sound = 1100 fps

switchback = 280 fps (on a really, really good day)

somewhere your math got a little mixed up.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Terrets syndrome that is to fu fu fu fu fu funny. LOL My wife just stabbed herself in her eye with her mascara brush cause she was laughing so hard. LOL

Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 AM

Yep ducked the string! If you ever have the chance, video tape a shot at a deer, especially if they know something is up. Then go back and look at the tape and it is amazing how far that back drops as they get ready to leap. They arent ducking but they are dropping downpreparing for their legs tospring away. Anytime you get out 30 yards and more its definite possibility especially if they are on alert the slightest. Another reason these smart, quick creatures are so fun to hunt.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 AM

One thing i have noticed is that on longer shots the deer seem to duck less to the shot than on close shots. Not really sure why but thats what i have seen in the past. I guess because the sound is louder closer in to the source.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rich Baker

Look man I don't mean any offense, but I guarantee you a switchback wouldn't have any help with this guy's situation. It wouldn't matter at all to be quite honest, because that deer would have jumped the string just the same. I know a guy who shoots a bowtech allegiance and he's had a deer jump the string shooting 325 fps. So don't try to sell it on here cuz it's not gonna work. You gotta understand that it's just something that happens bowhunting. Sorry to say, $hit happens, you can't do anything about it. I always aim lower third of the lungs to account for string jump. You can't help it , just gotta deal with it.

Quick Reply: hair flys and so do the profanities

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.