Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 6 foot high rub? >

6 foot high rub?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

6 foot high rub?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Default 6 foot high rub?

While scouting this passed weekend I came across an area where in a single acre of woods there were about 5-6 rubs. One of them was about 6 feet high. I'm suspicious that this one is a mock rub but all the others look absolutely like the genuine article. What do you guys think about the 6 footer?

Also, I thought about putting buck urine on the rubs to simulate another buck's invasion of the territory. Would this work in combination with dragging tinks 69? Or should I just do one or the other?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 6 foot high rub?

LOL, do you live in elk or moose country! ????
Old 11-08-2005, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

LOL, do you live in elk or moose country! ????
That's what I'm thinking.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:47 PM

Central wisconsin so no, not less one went nuts and started chasing whitetail does southward. ;D

How bout that 2nd question?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doh,

Is the 6 foot highsapling very thick in diameter. 1996,I had a big mature buckI was aftercome through my mock scrape andmock rub areaset up and literally tear up the area. He hit a couple very small (2 inch diameter) saplings and he bent them all the way over onto the ground. Thus, the area he rubbed ended up pretty high up the sapling. Not 6 feet though! He even tore one of my mock rub saplings out of the ground! LMAO then my neighbor shot him off his 4 wheeler...400 yards from where I was bow-hunting him! nice eh! LOL

You talked about over-marking an existing bucks rubs. I use forehead gland scent for this. Keep your human scentout of the spots your going to over-mark.With any scent application, minimizing human scent is key imo, especially with veteran bucks.

Good luck

Old 11-08-2005, 10:45 PM

bear? honestly even if you have a decent bear population you can get what amounts to an amazing looking rub from a bear polishin off them ol claws...dunno what you have up there.
2nd ? i would put some tarsal/dominant buck urine around the rubs and see if rattlin dont pull him out
Old 11-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like one of our Central Wi Porcupines are at it again. Where at in Central WI are you? Im live East of Neillsville.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

I definitely would not put urine on the rub (bucks don't cock their leg like a dog..lol)however you could make a mock scrape next to one of the rubs and put urine in that
Old 11-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

My taxidermist has found rubs like that too, made from deer. It was right down the road from his house and the rub was as tall as he was. this could easily be a deer, it is possible, because I have seen it. get to huntin.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:32 AM

I have seen them in Tn as well... And we sure as hell don't have any Elk....LOL

Quick Reply: 6 foot high rub?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.