Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do I ask an ole' lady for permission to hunt? >

How do I ask an ole' lady for permission to hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do I ask an ole' lady for permission to hunt?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How do I ask an ole' lady for permission to hunt?

On my way home from town every night, I see a 140-150 class deer in the corn field every night, and I've never seen hunters in the woods behind it. I want to ask for permission to hunt there but Im not sure how I word it. Im thinking of maybe giving her some of the meat from a doe or something, or maybe some fresh fruits or something. But how do I exactly put it? Im not too good with words, so if you could just word it for me then that would be great!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do I ask an ole' lady for permission to hunt?

Tell her that you are with animal control and need to remove this problem deer from her property.....lol
Old 11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

what i do is just come out and ask nicely.i always ask to bow hunt private land first.alot of people dont like the thought of guns blasting but a bow is quiet.if there going to say yes to anything its usually bow.at least where im from.then if they say yes to bow after you get to know them throw the gun idea out there.cant hurt to ask.all they can say is no.but you dont know if you dont ask.good luck
Old 11-08-2005, 09:28 PM

Introduce yourself with your full name, if you don't already know each other.
Make sure she knows you live in the area
Of course be nice
Don't go ask in hunting clothes
Make sure she knows you are bowhunting
Be upfront about if it will only be you or you and others
Give her a pre-printed,in your handwriting your name,address and phone number and what you drive
Ask if she would prefer you call her the day before you hunt so she will know you will be there
Ask if she enjoys fresh venison

Old 11-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ASk her if she fools around.
If she says yes, well you're in.
If she says NO, "well can I go hunting then?"[8D]
Old 11-09-2005, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's funny david LOL. I always find it good to help some prior to the season with whatever they may need. But you do not have this luxury. So you have to approach her in the nicest manner you can muster up. Tell her yer name and I don't see any reason to beat around the bush (no not that bush david), just come right out and ask her. Once she tells you that you can then you ask her if in the case that you get one would she like to have some of it. I know in Iowa that the farmers love deer sausage and jerky so it is pretty smart to get some of it made to butter up the locals. Good luck and let us know how it went.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell her you'll please her in anyway necessary if allowed to hunt her property. A REAL HUNTER does what it takes to shoot big bucks..
Old 11-09-2005, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Always offer to cut her grass or do other things like clean gutters. I also got a piece to hunt by offering to do a trash pick-up along the highway, why you ask....cause i noticed one of the church members that owned the property had about 14 different save the planet/dont litter stickers on her car.

I also just ask for permission for Bow hunting, and I say bow and arrow when asking. Kind of sounds like a toy when you say it like that!

By the way, I'm off thursday and friday to go hunting and Im so excited I cant stand it!!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:41 AM

Ask her to marry you,good hunting land is at a premium.[&:]
Old 11-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Have handy any certificates, hunter safety cards etc to show her you're a caring hunter that tries to do it right. You only get one chance to make a good impression so plan it. Know exactly how and what you're going to say. Rehearse it. Have some buzz phrases or statistics down, like herd management, over population, CWD etc to use if appropriate. Tell her of nearby properties you may hunt or have hunted without problems. Tell her who your folks are if it'll help. Tell her who you are. If I were going to do it I'd pull up so they can see my Combat Wounded license plates. I'd have in my shirt pocket ready to produce at the right time my hunter safety card, bowhunter ed card, hunter safety senior instructor card, bowhunter ed instructor card and my VA Disabled Veterans Medical Card. Now who, other than an anti, would say no to that.[8D][8D] I know it might be an overkill and some of it really not pertinent, but you only get one shot. Find the magic button. Helping around the property orin anyway possibleshouldalways be an understood responsibility. If there are two or three properties you're interested in, approach the least desireable first and use them as a testing/rehearsal ground. When you get to the choice place, have your stuff in order. LISTEN to what they say. Heck, I may even favor the leg with the shrapnel wounds for a little simpathy.[8D]

Quick Reply: How do I ask an ole' lady for permission to hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.