Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why mid-day during the rut? >

Why mid-day during the rut?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why mid-day during the rut?

Old 11-08-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Why mid-day during the rut?

Help me out guys, can someone please tell me why mid-day hunting is recommended during the rut? I've read that for years. It's not that I don't believe it. I believe it's true. I was just wondering if anyone had any theories why?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Why mid-day during the rut?

It's because the bucks areconstantly chasing does all day/night long.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Like Jpot said the bucks chase does all night. Sometime after daybreak it is general thought that they will bed for a while to rest. Because of the drive to mate they tend only stay bedded a couple hours and theyget back up around middayand start seeking again. Another part of this equation is the full moon near the rut tends to allow them to seek all night with good visibility causing the same effect of hightened mid day activity.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

yeah what he said
Old 11-08-2005, 06:35 PM

I know what you are saying Itimidator, I usually see some of the better bucks mid-day. In fact just last weekend ,I took a break and left the stand to load some firewood in my truck around noon, and someone else from our hunting party seen a shooter buck 20 yards from the stand I was in about an hour later, uuhhgg. Wish I had and answer for you but I am like you and would like to know also. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:23 PM

Thanks arlow, you explained that very clearly I appreciate that. It makes sense because the last three mornings in a row I've seen bucks bird-doggin does in the first 2 hours of light and thats it. Although I usually leave about 3 hours after light. Thanks I'll try changing my schedule up to try and be on stand in the middle of the day as well. Wish I could sit all day, just can't do it. Go stirrrrr crazy. Good luck man.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

its easy.the deer move all day and other hunters quit around then they may kick deer to you if you stay in the woods.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the majority of the big bucks 10:30-2:00 in the afternoon while hunting this weekend chasing doe's through the woods.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Spike

I asked this question last week. This past Sunday I went out at daybreak and sat then took a nap. I finally saw a buck on my place at 11:15 came right past my stand. Who knows how long he had been around and I just was leaving my stand too early. I will be hunting 10-2 for the next to weeks.Gotta love the rut
Old 11-08-2005, 10:52 PM

maybe its my area...huntin morn always produces an sometimes at night...when im out midday i tend to rarely see anything, sometimes i see squirrels but thats about as deep as it gets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.