Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Falling asleep in the Stand >

Falling asleep in the Stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Falling asleep in the Stand

Old 11-09-2005, 12:40 AM

Default RE: Falling asleep in the Stand

I was in Ill this last week and spent 12hrs everyday for a week on stand. I slept like a fat baby in the hot afternoons. I was woken by several deer through out the day waking in the woods. I tried but was unable not to fall asleep on stand. I wonder how many walked past that I did not see.??????
Old 11-09-2005, 12:42 AM

I was in Ill this last week and spent 12hrs everyday for a week on stand. I slept like a fat baby in the hot afternoons. I was woken by several deer through out the day waking in the woods. I tried but was unable not to fall asleep on stand. I wonder how many walked past that I did not see.??????
Old 11-09-2005, 02:04 AM

Yeah, I'd bet that almost everyone has dosed off a time or two in their stands, just don't want to admit it. I know the first time I nearly fell out of my stand from dosing off, I started wearing a harness all the time.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:03 AM

MAn I love sleeping in the woods! I have a summit viper, Great for napping. The vey first deer I killed I wsa 14, woke up and there was a huge spike 10 yards from me, looking the other way. Yeah, sleeping in the stand is great.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 AM

O.K. We (almost) all have slept in a stand from time to time. In fact, my new stand will have a very nice seat just for this purpose!

However, what about taking care of "Other" bussiness when in the stand. I bring a thermos with coffe and keep plenty of water with me. I pack a lunch (a quiet one) too. The problem is, after a thermos ful of water and a days supply of water, pretty soon, and more than once, I will have to "go." I hate getting down and no matter how carefull I am, I make noise. I also dont want to take car of my bussiness from the stand. I am afraid that that is a red light and siren that a human is near by. I keep an old bicycle bottle with me to take care of #1. It is only good for about 2 times before it fills up, but it beats getting down from the stand and scaring off any deer.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't stay awake sometimes, it sucks
Old 11-09-2005, 01:12 PM

I always fall alseep in my stand. Usually for about 5 minutes at a time. That is why I adjust my belt to stop me from leaning too far forward while sitting.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

My problem is that I'm always falling asleep in the tree. I live in Brooklyn, NY and wake up at 2:00AM, shower and drive 130 miles ( VERY TIRED DRIVING UP). After hunting a bit I tend to doze off. I hate that feeling. I feel like I'm falling or totally disoriented when opening my eyes. Or I get the jerks! HATE IT.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually am on hangons and if I get too sleepy I'll sometimes tie myself tight to the trunk of the tree, under my arms and go to sleep.(of course I also have my harness on too but don't want to use it by falling off the stand)If I'm real sleepy I'll just get down on the ground and sleep. A short nap and I should be good to go and I still am somewhat concious of the sounds around me and still in the woods.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:14 AM

If i know i'm going to sleep i use a ground blind. Nothing like waking up while dropping 35 feet.

Quick Reply: Falling asleep in the Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.