Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ($100)Moultrie Digital Game Watcher Camera >

($100)Moultrie Digital Game Watcher Camera

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

($100)Moultrie Digital Game Watcher Camera

Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

Default RE: ($100)Moultrie Digital Game Watcher Camera

I have not had any problems with the camera taking picture when it should, but I have had a problem with the pictures turning out white. Anyone else have this problem? It seems if something trips the camera when the sun is out the flash still flashes causing to much light for the picture.

I too had problems with batteries but I spent an extra 30 dollars for the rechargable battery and solar recharger and it solved the problem. I took velco and mounted the solar panel to the lower half of the camera case, drilled a hole in the bottom to connect the alligator clips to the battery and the battery stays 99% charged all the time.

bdc
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: BDC

I have not had any problems with the camera taking picture when it should, but I have had a problem with the pictures turning out white. Anyone else have this problem? It seems if something trips the camera when the sun is out the flash still flashes causing to much light for the picture.

bdc
The first couple of times I got pictures, there were some "white-out" pictures, but I noticed they came when the sun was either just coming up or just going down, since I have the flash set to "auto" it must have been just dark enough.

Now, I try to position my camera so that it is facing away from where the sun rises or sets...I still have some white-outs, but only one or two a week.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: KONK

Shootemup,

Have you had any problems with the camera NOT taking pictures? I have heard both good things and bad about this camera. The wife asked me for my Christmas wish list and I am thinking of putting this camera on it. Ya or Na?

I've had mine for about two months now and haven't had any issues with it what so ever. I am thinking about getting the solar panel for it. Anyone use the solar panel ? Worth the money ?

Old 11-09-2005, 12:33 PM

one on one --- DANG!! Where can I hang my stand??
Old 11-09-2005, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: one on one

invest in the memory card and you can leave it in the woods, view your pics, while hunting with a digital camera,not the best but for the money its hard to beat,it showed me what i wanted to see.

Dang! A meeting of the youth right there....
Old 11-09-2005, 02:33 PM

antlergetter,i've just leased this 90 acres, its next to a 110 track i already had,not alot of hunting in the surrounding area, alot of private landownwers, who hunts about 5 times a year, and want lease, i got luck getting this 90.hope to have a good year
Old 11-09-2005, 03:37 PM

I haven't had any problems with mine yet.(knock on wood) I would get the 128md card it saves you from pulling the cam every time,get 2 and you can leave it out even longer. They are on sale at Jesse's for 15.95+shipping.If you set the cam up higher and angle it down it seems to work better.ie. the ground cools faster and less missed pics.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

What is IR Aiming? InfraRed Aiming? Whatever it is, what is it and when should I turn it on?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

bump
Old 11-10-2005, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: sportsman22

What is IR Aiming? InfraRed Aiming? Whatever it is, what is it and when should I turn it on?
Yeah, I'm pretty positive it is Infared aiming...Personally, I have it on all the time, but I'm only able to check my cameras once a week or so.

Quick Reply: ($100)Moultrie Digital Game Watcher Camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.