Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much $ have you speant... >

How much $ have you speant...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much $ have you speant...

Old 11-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much $ have you speant...

I didn't spend much this year because I started college and I already have everything. But I made about 3,000 a year for 3 years in highschool and spent at least 2,000 of it every year on huntings stuff.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:03 AM

I've only been hunting 3 years now (2 years with bow and 1 with gun). I started off kinda cheap because I didn't know if I was going to like hunting or not. First year: bought used Winchester 3030--$200 + $100 on licenses, second year bought a used PSE bow off ebay and some accessories--about $100 + $100 on licenses....this year I went out and bought a lifetime hunting license $650, new bow $400, and a few accessories $100. So in 3 years I've spent about $1600 +. As you can see, I've enjoyed every minute since I started hunting. It's very addictive and once you start, you just can't stop. My wife has probably about had it with me, she just doesn't understand how I can enjoy sitting out in the rain, snow, or cold so much. I love every second I get to spend out in the woods and it's probably gonna cost me several thousands more over the rest of my life. It's not a cheap thing to get into, but it sure is relaxing, frustrating, and exhilarating all at the same time.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hunting 45 years. has gotten expensive the past 10 years.Average around 500 a year,including equipment ,updated stuff,licenses,animal processing
Old 11-08-2005, 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

You don't even wanna go there...

Ditto
Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

like some others have said,"you dont want to go there" lol. but look at it this way. if you spend all that money on equipment,atleast in the end you have something to show for it. look at the drug adicts. when there done they have nothing at all. i tell my gf all the time. man hunts so he doesnt kill his woman.lol
Old 11-08-2005, 06:58 AM

I can already see i'll be spending $1500 on gear and permits alone my first year, but when you find somthing that makes you happy ya gotta do it, that's whats life is all about.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hunting with a bow for a long, long time. I couldn't even begin to add up all the money I've spent. Nor would I want to. I can honestly say though that I've spent far, far more on equipment for shooting archery tournaments than I ever did on hunting.[:-]

Over the past few years, I've been getting into making selfbows. Kinda neat shooting a bow that didn't cost you anything but some time, sweat and elbow grease. Given the choice between spending $1500 and FREE, I'll take FREE.

Of course, the $1500 stuff will shoot an arrow about 125-150 fps faster than the free bow, but the free bow has one major advantage. I don't have listen to any complaints from my wife about how much money I've spent.[8D]
Old 11-08-2005, 09:21 AM

Buying hunting equipment is kinda like buying a car. You can spend just about as much or little as you want. If you have to have the newest, fastest, bestest watchamacallit on the market all the time, you'll spend LOTS of money. If you decide what you want/need way before hand and shop (retail stores, forums, online) you will be surprised how much money you can save. It doesn't have to be the newest, fastest, etc, etc, to be good, capable piece of equipment...all that being said, I've spent thousands on my junk, too.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting with bow since '92
License ~ $50 ($12.50 each for general, big game, bow, muzzle) a year + $250 on a lifetime lic. 2 years ago. Which saves me buying $12.50 general hunting lic. each year.
bow ~ $450 with quiver and dozen arrows
arrows ~ 3 more dozen at $60 a doz.
broadheads ~ $45 for a dozen thunderheads and replacement blades.
camo ~ $500 over my whole life (I don't buy it unless it's on clearance)
rock climbing harness ~ $60 each (on my second one)
Climbing static rope ~ $25
Misc ~ $300 (bags, calls, etc)
binocs ~ $99
videos ~ $200 (clearance)
stands ~ $400 (clearance again)
Processing fee ~ $40 every other year (I'm picky and don't mind going without a deer some years)
Gas ~ Hate to think about it.
Food doesn't count since I'd eat anyway.

You can do the adding up.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:06 AM

I'm liking sportsman guide for camo and stuff like that. Really resonable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.