Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got screwed for being nice >

Got screwed for being nice

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got screwed for being nice

Old 11-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Got screwed for being nice

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

It's situations like these that identify TRUE friends.

When I lived on the coast.....I took people fishing all the time. I had spots I'd take casual acquaintences to.....spots I'd take friends to......spots I'd take family to.....and spots I wouldn't take ANYONE to.

I can't tell you the number of times I boated up to a fishing spot to find someone "I" took there....already fishing.

I take NO ONE hunting with me....and I tell my son to tell NO ONE where we hunt. If he tells ANYONE where we hunt....he loses his priveleges, there. Period. If it were MY land....I'd invite VERY close friends who feel the way I do about hunting and life in general. Needless to say....I wouldn't be having too many guests .

Oh yeah....I always tell people that I have exclusive priveleges from the landowners where I hunt. I just tell them that part of our "Deal" is that I am not to bring others hunting there. It works, for me.

Jeff
Sad, but this is the way you have to be when you find yourself your own little honey hole. Everybody gets burned like this in their hunting career, after it happens once or twice, you gotta learn to either look out for Number 1, or let your lazy buddies ruin your spots. I was fortunate enough to find a landowner to let me and only me hunt. He understood my way of thinking, he knew I hunted alone; and after 2 years of me hunting, he welcomed me back for next year already even after I took the nice buck I posted in another thread.He was more happy for me than I was. I wouldn't jeopardize this kind of treatment for any hunting buddy.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 AM

firing him is not the way to go, nor should you treat him diffrent at work. Work is work and play is play. I would deffinately tell him that it is not cool and get his reaction. If you don't like it give him an attitude adjustment. Simple enough!
Old 11-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is simple. The guy overstepped his bounds. Your land, your right to the call. He just lost a spot to hunt.

I give people a certain amount of respect up front - enough to allow them to earn the rest of my respect. If they screw that up - too bad, they're out.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:03 PM

Man what a drag, I know how alot of you feel. I hunt 160 acres and pay the land taxes of $1500 a year on it to hunt. I also have "buddies" who love to hunt also, so im polite and tell them they can come up if they help out throughout the year. Im up there5 or10 times a year chopping firewood, clearing paths and lanes, cleaning, scouting, planting food plots, maintenace, etc. I havent seen them once yet! But when hunting season comes around guess who's calling me and making plans to go hunting? THE FREELOADERS. Who offer nothing to the table, not even a camp meal or tochop wood. What am I?, there to show them a good time while they harvest the deer and burn the woodI've worked hard to produce!! ARGH.. F-ers. Is'nt there any true loyal friends who appreciate others? One freind is actually kind enough to help out, and he is welcome at my camp anytime.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just make sure you don't leave this guy alone with the wife....LOL
Old 11-07-2005, 12:48 PM

Like the others have said, this was just a plain crappy thing on his part. Its all about hunter ethics which is different for everyone, but follow on the same basicguidelines. I cant stand to put someone on a peice of hunting land and then they totally take over and start sticking stands on every inch of it. But, it happens to the best of us.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

I had a shooter walking at me once also. A guy saw the deer from his treestand and decided to try to get down and stalk it from behind... Well the deer looked back and saw him[:'(].. Was only about 2 more steps from my shooting lane also.
You guys must hunt way too close.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a great huting land and none of my friends have ever hunted on it. They all think I am a jerk. Yep I am , but my land does not get screwed up and I am consistant. Point, you give them permission 1's, then it becomes a right to them. Only thing I know to do is be a jerk to them all.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:43 PM

i am 20 and the land i hunt is owned by one of my bosses who doesnt hunt, but allows me to hunt under conditions....1) i help him bail hay in the summer 2) and continue to bust my a$$ off for him in the summer which is construction...all of these things are easy for me to abide by cuz i was raised properly and im a college student and he has treated me very well by payin me extrodinarily well for a summer job....what im gettin at is that you property owners, it is much appreciated that u allow pple to hunt your land and that there are young/ good pple out there who do have ethics and do hold respect not only for their elders but for their fellow hunters...but like many of you have stated trust and respect is somethin that is earned and there are pple who are willing to do that whether it be hunting or working
Old 11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

if its your area just tell him that you dont want him on there.if hes a friend then he will understand.

Quick Reply: Got screwed for being nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.