Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! (Pic Added!) >

HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! (Pic Added!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! (Pic Added!)

Old 11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! (Pic Added!)

After taking up the sport of bowhunting in Summer 2003, missing a buck last year, and hitting one in a non-vital shot this year, I finally took my first deer!!!!

the story:

It's 830 this morning, a balmy 55ºF (+/-) and im sitting in a stand that is on the back corner of the property i hunt, it borders a swamp as well as hardwoods and a goldenrod field, It is where most of the big bucks we take are taken from.

Anyway, im sitting there bored because i havn't seen anything, so im looking for some squirrels to shoot (already missed one [:'(]) but as im looking i notice something...about 50 yards down the creek im on i see...whats that? BROWN!!

after positively identifying the animal as a Doe/Yearling buck, I decide that if it comes into range (under 30 yards) im going to take a shot.

at 850, the deer has worked its way counter clockwise around me, browsing on the forage that was knocked down with the foot of snow last weekend, and then my big break, it starts cutting across my open area (in hardwoods with apple thickets), going from like a 1 oclock position to a 9 o clock position, then it stops and looks hard to my right.

I take a gander and see a very fat doe running with her tail up towards the swamp, this only means one thing, my dad, who is hunting 200 yards down the trail is coming. This makes me think that ive got limited opportunities, but anyway, i continue.

at about 8:59 or so, the deer is within my zone, but just barely, it is browsing on some acorns under the leaves, this is when i turn around, as i have been, looking for my dad, and i see him.

I whistled three times to get his attention, he is about 60 yards behind me, with the deer being within 30 ahead of me, i tell him to stop, and he does.

I turn back around and it was settled, im shooting, I got into position and pulled back, remembering all the things i never did with the other shots, as in, to aim high due to having only a 20 yard pin, I aimed at top of its shoulder, and then to spread my fingers outwards, to get rid of that torque and finally to focus on the shot....

I hit my release and...

"thud"

right in the shoulder....oh boy. I watched it run to the trees behindit (start of the swamp) and then stop, with its tail wagging furiousely, then i see it go down!! by golly i got a deeer!!!! it's out within 30 seconds of the shot. I was pumped!

Got down and went where i shot it, got my arrow covered in bright red blood!!! followed the road signs leading the way to my deer, got up to it, itwas a button buck with 1.5" - 2" nubs, too bad, but that's alrigt, over population anyway, took a pic and dressed him out...we figured he was about 65-70 lbs, and the shot, it was 28 yards on the button (no pun intended) and he ended up 20 yards from there!

Ill have a pic uploaded here shortly, just as soon as i can find the camera cord!next deer : going to be a bigun!

Sorry for being so long!

P.S. the Spitfire 100's were EXCELLENT, the exit hole is huge!! tons of blood and only a 20 yard recovery!!!! I am using a2003 Pearson 440 Quad set at 58lbs with Carbon Magnum 55-75's tipped with 100gr spitfire's.

Here's the pic, sorry for the blood, this is where i found him and that's the exit hole!

Old 11-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!

wicked dude!!!!!! awesome job on the deer! nothin wrong with a button buck! nice a young! meat will be way better then a big ol' buck for sure! cant wait to see the pics!!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:07 PM

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Big deer, little deer, it doesn't matter. I jealous of all you fellas right now! BUT,...I'm also very glad for y'all too!!!!

Did I mention I hate work?[:@]
Old 11-05-2005, 05:15 PM

Good job...I bet your dad was proud.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:18 PM

Good work on the first one........you have to love when that tail starts wagging!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Well done and enjoy the good eating.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

any pics yet?

Congrads
Old 11-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! (Pic Added!)

Congrats on your first Great story and pics as well.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

NICe pic and deer. How much KE are you getting out of your setuP?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the kind words people!!!!! Im still pumped

ORIGINAL: Trapper_Hunter

NICe pic and deer. How much KE are you getting out of your setuP?
I have no idea [&:]

Quick Reply: HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! (Pic Added!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.