Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hate city ordinances >

hate city ordinances

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hate city ordinances

Old 11-04-2005, 04:52 PM

Default hate city ordinances

so yesterday on my way home from work i passed this wooded lot that has yet to be developed. its prolly onyl 2 or 3 acres, but every time i pass it i always look, and low and behold yesterday i saw the biggest buck i have ever seen in real life having a stare down with a doe. he was atleast a ten maybe a twelve, like a 21 or 22 inch spread nice tall tines, nice brow tines, and from what i saw as i drove by he looked almost perfectly synmatrical. But whadda know its within city limits and there is absolutley no hunting. hope he tries running across the road in front of me,lol
Old 11-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hate city ordinances

hope he tries running across the road in front of me,lol
[:-][:@], when i lived in texas there was a park i drove thru everyday, and well you know the rest of the story[:@]
Old 11-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hate cities
Old 11-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I swear somtimes they know.I always see deer in places you can't
hunt.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

well this is ALL I have to say about this subject !

DD

Old 11-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Supposedly our city and the neighboring cities have ordinances against hunting in city limits too.. But everyone i know still does, and nobody bothers with it..
Old 11-05-2005, 07:07 AM

We have urban zone permits around here, although I think they need to go ahead and open it up to city woodlots, bow only of course, because I have seen so many city roadkill deer, it's sickening. In the urban zone, you can take, like, 3 times the bag limit in the rest of the state. Seriously, you get a TON of extra tags in the urban zone. I just got permission to hunt the land on the property that I live in (and I am the assistant property manager), it has never been hunted, we got some trail cam pics of a couple bucks, and two weeks ago a 12 pointer was killed crossing the street from this woods. It's only a 3 acre woods, but there is a TON of grassy, weedy area enclosed as well, about 10 acres of that... the deer love it!
Old 11-05-2005, 09:43 AM

Yep, that's why Tres Passing and Po Sted always have the best hunting on their land. They just won't share with any of us.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:43 PM

Our city not only has hunting ordinances but here you can't even practice inside the city. they have a law against arrows, broad heads,practice tips, and even any type projectile. That includes kids play bows they sell at walmart.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:01 PM

hoytvtec you must live in London Ontario.
Here you are lucky if there is no bylaw for farting in public. On second thought there probably is.

Quick Reply: hate city ordinances

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.